Chef Miriam Russell-Wadleigh’s Gluten Free Corn Pancakes with Crab and Tomato Relish will be fun to make. It has a lot of wonderful flavors that can work as either an appetizer, or a light lunch.
- 2-3 ears white corn, cut off the cob
- 1/2 c Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Corn Flour
- or Authentic Foods Superfine White Rice Flour
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced (both white and green)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp gluten free Worcestershire sauce
- 8 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Crab and tomato relish (see below for recipe)
- Mix everything together thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Heat sauté pan over medium flame.
- Add olive oil to Cast Iron Skillet
- Using a large soup spoon, drop 5-6 spoonfuls of pancake mixture into hot pan.
- Allow to cook without moving until lightly brown and almost set (about 5 minutes).
- Turn and brown on other side.
- Remove from pan and keep warm in oven. Repeat until all pancakes are done.
- Top with Crab and Tomato Relish.
* Please note links on ingredients are affiliate links set up through Amazon.com so that I can raise some money to help defer costs to maintain the Fearless Dining site. I appreciate your support!
Here is a photo of the corn cakes cooking on my cast iron skillet.
As I have mentioned in other posts, I use a cast iron skillet whenever possible. My iron levels tend to be low and this is a simple way for me to add more iron to my diet.
- ¼ # fresh Dungeness crabmeat (optional)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 red spring onion or 2 Tbs red onion, small dice
- 8-10 leaves fresh basil
- 2 Tbs basil oil or extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Check crabmeat for shells.
- Halve cherry tomatoes.
- Chiffonade Basil.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- When all pancakes are ready, top each one with a small amount of Crab and Tomato relish.
727 Laurel Street, San Carlos CA 94070
Shared with Gluten Free Wednesdays,