These spicy shrimp and roasted pepper cheese crostini make a tasty quick and easy appetizer for any occasion.
It is the holiday season and this is the time of year for holiday entertaining with loved ones. One of my favorite traditions is sitting with friends and enjoying a good bottle of wine. And of course, there are always delicious appetizers picked to pair with the wine.
This season, #SundaySupper is teaming up with our favorite Gallo Family Vineyards to bring you special recipe pairings that you can enjoy not only during the holiday season, but all year long.
Friends drop by our house, we drop by friends and family’s houses…it always brightens our day to spend quality time with the people we love.
One appetizer many gluten-free people don’t regularly enjoy is crostini. Crostini can be topped in so many ways…
(I am so excited to be a brand ambassador for Gallo Family Vineyards for this post. All opinions and pairing ideas are all my own.)
Tonight I made a gluten free spicy shrimp and roasted red pepper cheese crostini appetizer. I found these incredible gluten-free baguettes by Schar. They are easy to slice and bake up to get that perfect crispy “crostini” crunch.
Grilling the shrimp and corn for this appetizer.
Add the peppers, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper to a Cuisinart to blend.
- 1 gluten-free baguette
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1 ear of corn
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese
- ⅓ cup roasted peppers
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- cilantro and jalapeno to garnish
- Preheat the grill.
- Add shrimp to skewers.
- Grill shrimp and ear of corn until cooked.
- Slice baguette on a slight diagonal into pieces. (See photos above)
- Bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees until crispy.
- In a Cuisinart, add cream cheese, roasted peppers, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Blend until creamy.
- To assemble:
- Take a crostini and spread cheese on top.
- Add shrimp, corn, jalapeno, and cilantro.
- Serve warm or chilled.
I chose to pair this appetizer with Gallo Family Vineyards Red Moscato. It is served chilled and is refreshing to sip. The Red Moscato is a sweet wine, but not overpoweringly, and it pairs really well with spicy dishes and cheese. When deciding upon a recipe to create, I knew I wanted a fun appetizer that would highlight the depth of this wine.
The Gallo Family is committed to helping Meals on Wheels America to improve the health and quality of life for the seniors they serve. For the sixth year in a row, Gallo Family Vineyards invites Americans to help end senior hunger and isolation with our annual Every Cork Counts™ program. We’re donating $1 for every cork submitted through our website or snail mail. All Gallo Family fans have to do is snap a picture, or send their corks!
Read more about Gallo Family Vineyards holiday traditions with #SundaySupper.
Click here to find Gallo near you.
- Bacon Pineapple Jalapeño Cheese Ball from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Baked Brie with Cranberries & Almonds from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Best Bar Nuts from Shockingly Delicious
- Lamb Seekh Kebabs from Soni’s Food
- Mediterranean Turkey Pita Bites from Magnolia Days
- Roasted Garlic Onion Dip from Food Done Light
- Roasted Cranberry Crostini from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Slow Cooker Queso Blanco with Salsa Verde from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Spicy Shrimp and Roasted Pepper Cheese Crostini from Fearless Dining
- Italian Hoagie Flatbread from Family Foodie
- Roast Duck with Mole Sauce from Curious Cuisiniere
- Seafood Cannelloni from Palatable Pastime
Desserts and Sweets:
- Caramel Bread Pudding from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Chocolate Cups Filled with Cinnamon Pastry Cream and Berries from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chocolate Dipped Cheesecake Bites from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse from Life Tastes Good
- Cranberry Orange Walnut Truffles from Desserts Required
- Cranberry Panna Cotta from The Freshman Cook
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie with Orange Scented Whipped Cream from Recipe for Perfection
- Dark Cherry Chocolate Cheese Danish from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Plus don’t miss the Seasonal Wine Pairing Tips by Sunday Supper Movement.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.