This easy gluten free sourdough recipe makes a sourdough bread that is so good, you will be surprised it is gluten free!
Welcome to my blog. This is one of the most popular posts on my blog. Sadie was so kind to share this recipe with us. Keep in mind this recipe is a work in progress, and it is meant to be experimented with.
This gluten free sourdough recipe is yeast free, and absolutely worth the effort. Feel free to write if you have questions, or read the comments below for more inspiration. If you like what you see, I would love for you to subscribe to my newsletter with the little form to the right.
If you would like to try making Bread Srsly’s sourdough bread, this is a great starting point. The point of this recipe is to inspire you to experiment in your kitchen. Making gluten free sour dough bread takes a lot more time than regular breads. You need 3-5 days to create a sourdough starter for the first time because there is NO YEAST in this recipe. The sourdough ferments to make a fluffy bread without yeast. (Once you have a starter for this gluten free bread, if you keep it well fed, you can use it to start baking new sour dough bread loaves right away.)
To read Sadie from Bread Srsly’s story, click here.
Gluten Free Sourdough Starter Instructions
- Mix together equal parts of a flour blend and water. (Stay away from pure starch sources such as tapioca and potato.) Leave it in a bowl at room temperature. Cover the bowl with a towel.
- Every 8-12 hours, (2-3 times a day) add a little more flour and water.
- After 3-5 days, your mixture should smell sour and have bubbles. Congratulations! You are almost there.
- Once your mixture is bubbling, add some to your bread mix. Do not use any yeast.
- Let rise for at least 12 hours.
- Once the bread has risen, you have your starter!
Chef Recipe: Bread Srsly’s Gluten Free Sourdough Bread
Put dry ingredients into a bowl and whisk together.
Add water and sourdough starter.
You want a dough that is wet like pancake batter.
Let the dough rise for 12-24 hours at room temperature.
**Put some aside to be used as your starter for another time.
Put in a greased loaf pan and bake at 350-400 for one hour.
Cool completely before slicing.
Bake the bread and enjoy your gluten free sourdough!!
More Yummy Gluten Free Recipes to Try!