You are going to love this GLUTEN FREE BAKING GIVEAWAY!! Scroll down to enter for your chance to win the prize worth over $200!! My friend Lindsay is having her 2 year blogiversary and we are all celebrating with her :-).
These matcha green tea coconut cookie bars are my husband’s new weakness.
I bake…a lot. I have a killer sweet tooth.
My husband usually can resist the temptations (well, sort of.)
This time, I had to chase him out of the kitchen. While these bars were cooling, a corner disappeared from the baking dish.
Then, when I went to run a few errands, more disappeared.
I knew I needed to get photos fast of these before I had nothing left to photograph :-).
If you haven’t baked with matcha green tea powder, give it a try.
Many matcha blends are not gluten free. (NOTE: DO NOT BUY TRADER JOE’s new matcha!! It is full of gluten.) It is important to read the ingredients carefully when buying green tea powder.
You can make your own, it is very easy to make. Just take unsweetened matcha powder and add an extra teaspoon of sugar to your baking. (3 teaspoons matcha to 1 teaspoon sugar is my favorite ratio. Mix up a bigger batch and keep it sealed in a container to use as needed.)
Are you ready for the giveaway? You are going to LOVE these goodies!!
- 1 large handmade crate to hold the crazy amount of goodies.
- 2 handmade cutting boards from Looking Glass Lodge
- Signed copy of Gluten-Free Party Food
- Copy of The Gluten-Free Bread Machine Cookbook
- FOOD/Coupons from the following companies: Muir Glenn, Bobs Redmill, Sunbutter, Earth Balance, Enjoy Life Foods, Wholesome, San-J, Daiya, Jovial Pasta
- $50 Visa Gift Card
Visit all of these gluten free blogs for MORE chances to win!
Gluten Free Matcha Coconut Bars
Easy gluten free matcha green tea coconut cookie bars
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1 stick butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons matcha green tea powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Spray coconut oil in a baking dish.
In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
In a small bowl, add all wet ingredients and mix.
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
Add coconut, chips, and nuts.
Pour batter into baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes until done.
Allow to cool before cutting.
Click here to see all of the cookie recipes on this blog.
More Delicious Cookie Bar Recipes to Try!