This gluten free eggnog cheesecake recipe is a delicious holiday dessert. Enjoy protein-packed dessert that is full of flavor!
This easy gluten free cheesecake recipe makes either three mini cheesecakes or one large cheesecake. Feel free to check out all of my Gluten Free Eggnog Desserts in one handy spot for easy reference.
If you look at the recipes on my blog, you will notice there are twice, if not three times more desserts than meal recipes on my blog. I have come to realize I have a lot in common with my readers. My most popular recipes are ALWAYS sweet desserts!!
You all have a wicked sweet tooth!
That is why I am so excited to share this new gluten free “skinny” eggnog cheesecake dessert recipe with you.
You will have a lot less guilt eating these cheesecakes! Feel free to devour these holiday cheesecakes knowing they are not as calorie-laden as their counterparts.
What is Greek Cream Cheese?
It’s time to brag a little bit about this mini cheesecake recipe. I found a Greek cream cheese that is amazing and it boosts the protein content of this dessert. It comes in bars wrapped in foil like the other brands, but it is full of protein.
Gluten Free Cheesecake Crust
The crust is made of almond meal with coconut oil and spices…and yet these easy eggnog cheesecakes are full of flavor. If you prefer a different crust, here are a couple more crust ideas for you…
More ways to make a gluten free crust for cheesecake:
- Love a good graham cracker crust? Break up 1 cup of gluten free graham crackers and add 4 tablespoons of melted butter and 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- You can also use a chocolate almond crust like in these Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecakes.
- Try using French toast for the crust like in this Gluten Free French Toast Cheesecake recipe!
For this recipe, I used eggnog made with almond milk to lighten up this recipe. If you prefer regular eggnog, feel free to substitute that in. You can even make your own eggnog!
How to make an eggnog cheesecake:
Allow the cream cheese to soften. (**Note, this Greek cream cheese will not beat as creamy as regular cream cheese because the fat content is so much lower. My mini eggnog cheesecakes have the consistency a little bit like small curd cottage cheese.)
If you can’t find Greek cream cheese, you can use low-fat cream cheese or even regular cream cheese. (*Note the fat content will go up with one of these substitutes.)
This cheesecake crust is simple and delicious. I used a simple almond meal, coconut oil, and spices. I kept the crust mild so it wouldn’t overpower the eggnog flavor.
Use an electric mixer to whip the wet ingredients. It will be thick and creamy. Add the crust to the mini springform pans and then pour the cheesecake batter over the crust. If you can’t find mini springform pans, you can make a large cheesecake with a regular springform pan.
Each cheesecake is perfectly sized to feed two people!
More Delicious Gluten Free Holiday Recipes to Try:
- Gluten Free Gingerbread Biscotti
- Old-fashioned Gluten Free Molasses Cookies
- Gluten Free Eggnog Bread Pudding
Things You Need To Make This Eggnog Cheesecake Recipe:
- These mini springform pans let you make mini cheesecakes, which are perfect for portion control!
- My very favorite almond flour for the crust.
- 2 blocks of Greek cream cheese, (each block is 8 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon, (1 teaspoon for cheesecake, 1/2 teaspoon for the crust)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste, I love Rodelle's
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Remove cream cheese from the refrigerator and allow to soften to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray mini springform pans with coconut oil to prevent sticking.
- In a large bowl, add all wet ingredients. Use an electric mixer to beat until creamy.
- In a small bowl, add almond meal, melted coconut oil, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix well. This is for the crust.
- Put some of the almond meal in the bottom of each springform pan and press down to flatten.
- Pour cheesecake batter on top of the crust. Place mini springform pans into a larger pan. Optional: Sprinkle cinnamon on top of each cheesecake.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Turn oven off and open the door to allow the cheesecakes to cool slowly to prevent cracking.
- Chill in the refrigerator.
Nordic Ware Leakproof Springform Pan, 10 Cup, 9 Inch
Wilton 4-Inch Mini Springform Pans for Mini Cheesecakes, Pizzas and Quiches, Durable Non-Stick Surface, Set 3-Piece
Almond Flour Blanched, Anthony's 4lb Bag, Batch Tested Gluten-Free
There are affiliate links in my posts. This doesn't change the cost you pay for an item, it just means a tiny commission comes to Fearless Dining to help offset the costs of running this blog.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 207 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 136mg Sodium: 89mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 12g Protein: 8g
More Yummy Gluten Free Desserts To Try!
(*Note this post was updated from a 12/2016 post.)