This is for my BBQ chicken fans. This apricot bourbon barbecue sauce is going to be your new favorite BBQ sauce.
If you love chicken as much as we do, you will love all of these awesome Gluten Free Chicken Recipes too!
This weekend I am going to make my famous apricot bourbon barbecue sauce and grill up some chicken for our friends. This barbecue sauce is sweet with just a hint of bourbon and is a delicious dinner to serve before desserts or your favorite ice cream.
Apricot Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
This sauce is full of sweet fruity apricot, with a hint of bourbon…it is perfect to slather on this chicken.
BBQ sauces can come in so many different flavors, from smokey to fruity. One of my favorite additions to my bourbon barbecue sauce recipe is bourbon because it adds a new layer of richness to the sauce flavor. And even better is enjoying a bit of bourbon on the rocks as you are grilling your meats :-).
Grill the chicken with the BBQ sauce, adding more layers of sauce every time you turn the chicken.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes to Try:
- Grilled Chicken and Watermelon over Baby Kale
- The Best Chicken Soup Recipes
- Grilled Balsamic Chicken Marinade
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- A grill brush to marinate your chicken as it cooks.
- Your favorite bourbon. I like to order from Drizly.com because they have so many fun brands to try.
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 chicken breasts
- Preheat the grill.
- In a small pan, add all sauce ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Remove chicken from the package and place on a plate.
- Brush sauce on both sides of the chicken.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Put the chicken onto the grill and baste again with the sauce.
- In five minutes, turn the chicken over.
- Spread sauce on the this side facing up.
- Repeat the process of basting and turning the chicken until the chicken is at 165 degrees inside.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 421 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 102mg Sodium: 331mg Carbohydrates: 56g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 38g Protein: 38g
Quick and Easy Dinner Ideas