If you love BBQ chicken, this apricot bourbon barbecue sauce is going to be your new favorite BBQ sauce.
This weekend I am going to make my famous apricot bourbon barbecue sauce and grill up some chicken for our friends. This barbecue sauce is sweet with just a hint of bourbon and is a delicious dinner to serve before desserts or your favorite ice cream.
This sauce is full of sweet fruity apricot, with a hint of bourbon…it is perfect to slather on this chicken.
BBQ sauces can come in so many different flavors, from smokey to fruity. One of my favorite additions to my sauce recipe is bourbon because it adds a new layer of richness to the sauce flavor. And even better is enjoying a bit of bourbon on the rocks as you are grilling your meats :-).
Grill the chicken with the BBQ sauce, adding more layers of sauce every time you turn the chicken.
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- A grill brush to marinate your chicken as it cooks.
- Your favorite bourbon. I like to order from Drizly.com because they have so many fun brands to try.
If you love chicken recipes, you will also love these Chili, Lime, Mango Marinated Chicken Bowls from Cotter Crunch.
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 chicken breasts
- Preheat the grill.
- In a small pan, add all sauce ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Remove chicken from the package and place on a plate.
- Brush sauce on both sides of the chicken.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Put the chicken onto the grill and baste again with the sauce.
- In five minutes, turn the chicken over.
- Spread sauce on the this side facing up.
- Repeat the process of basting and turning the chicken until the chicken is at 165 degrees inside.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 172 Cholesterol: 72mg Sodium: 268mg Carbohydrates: 6g Sugar: 4g Protein: 24g
Quick and Easy Dinner Ideas