If you love easy, sticky, flavorful Asian seasonings, this gluten free oven baked chicken drumsticks recipe is a dish you will love. This dinner is quick and easy, perfect for those busy weeknights.
If you love chicken as much as we do, you will want to check out ALL of my delicious Gluten Free Chicken Recipes.
Chicken Legs Recipe
My kids are all about protein right now as they have been going through several rapid growth spurts. This baked drumstick recipe is sure to please even your picky eaters!
Buying a lot of meat can add up cost-wise quickly, so to save a little money on groceries, I like to buy a couple of packages of chicken legs.
Chicken legs absorb marinades nicely, though you will need to marinate them a little longer…and this way my kids don’t have to fight over the legs on a chicken :-). Grill them or bake them. You know they are ready when their internal temperature is 165 degrees.
How long to bake chicken drumsticks?
It is easy to know when your chicken legs are cooked. Use a meat thermometer to ensure that their internal temperature is 165 degrees.
You may also like this delicious sautéd one pan chicken recipe.
This easy Asian marinated chicken leg recipe is a kid-favorite in our house.”
You have to love this chicken recipe for a lot of reasons, but the fact that kids can eat these with their hands is the best. Messy dinners always taste better!!
And even better? This recipe is also a huge time saver because they are ready in just 30 minutes.
Gluten Free Hoisin Sauce
Tip: When you are shopping, make sure your hoisin is gluten-free. If you can’t find one, this recipe I found will help you make your own.
These baked drumsticks are perfect for busy nights!! Tonight I am giving you a full Asian menu for easy meal planning. A starter, right through to dessert!
What are your go-to recipes that your kids will always eat?
I am always on the hunt for simple quick ideas!
Steps to make this easy baked drumsticks recipe:
- Add marinade ingredients to a bowl and mix.
- Pour the marinade into a large ziplock bag, or add to a bowl.
- Remove the chicken from the package.
- Rinse the chicken legs and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Add the drumsticks to the marinade and mix to coat the chicken.
- Allow the chicken to marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and add the chicken to a baking dish and bake.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes to Try:
- Easy Homemade Chicken Pho
- The Best Gluten Free Fried Chicken
- 5 Easy Chicken Marinades
- Roasted Herb Chicken
Tools You Need To Make This Oven Baked Drumsticks Recipe:
- 2 packages chicken legs
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 3 tablespoons hoisin, gluten free
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Chinese mustard
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk all wet ingredients together.
- Add chicken legs
- Stir and mix marinate over chicken legs.
- Spray a baking dish with olive oil.
- Add chicken legs.
- Cover dish with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush more marinate over the chicken legs.
- Bake without foil an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 109mgSodium: 731mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 22g