If you love prawns, this easy prawn salad recipe from E&O Kitchen in San Francisco is a delicious salad to make. Fresh prawns, grapefruit, pineapple, and cashews make this salad unique.
We love flavorful salads. If you do as well, you will want to check out all of my delicious gluten free salad recipes.
Executive Chef Sharon Nahm, of E&O Asian Kitchen, created this dish for the restaurant, and it has quickly become one of the most popular items on both their regular and their gluten free menus. I am sure it will quickly become a family favorite in your house….even my picky kids will eat this one :-).
Full of fresh juicy fruit and crisp vegetables, you will love the flavor combination in this salad. This salad is naturally gluten free, paleo, and vegetarian. You will love this gluten free prawn salad recipe!
Shopping List to Make this Prawn Salad Recipe:
- English cucumbers
- Lily bulb (feel free to substitute fennel)
- Red onion
- Red Fresno chiles
- Thai basil leaves
- Mint leaves
Can you make this prawn salad nut-free?
You can definitely make this nut-free if you leave out the cashews.
- 1 lb fresh white prawns, peeled, deveined, and poached
- 1 cup English cucumbers, seeded and diced 1/3”
- 1 cup ripe but firm mango, peeled and diced
- 20 lychees in syrup
- 1/2 cup lily bulb petals, separated and cleaned (can be found in Asian markets)
- 1/2 cup red onions, sliced paper thin
- 1 tablespoons red fresno chilies, seeded and sliced into thin rings
- 1/2 cup Thai basil leaves
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 3/4 cup cashews, roasted, unsalted
- 1/4 cup Meyer Lemon oil
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- 4 pinches sichuan pepper, finely ground
- In a large bowl, combine prawns, cucumbers, lychee, mango, red onion, chilies, herbs, and cashew nuts.
- Toss with a large spoon.
- Drizzle in the lemon oil, sprinkle in the sea salt, toss and plate.
- Garnish each plate with pinch of Sichuan pepper and wedge of lime.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 733 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 120mg Sodium: 1329mg Carbohydrates: 156g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 92g Protein: 16g