These Grilled BBQ Steak Tacos make a perfect summer dinner. My son and I are going to grill up some barbecue flank steaks to serve for our Father’s Day celebration. These gluten free grilled steak tacos are full of barbecue flavors.
If you are new to gluten free living, please check out my handy guide to gluten free living for lots of tips.
Do you love to grill?
Here in the California Bay Area, we are completely spoiled. There, I said it.
Compared to most of the country, our weather is pretty temperate. In our family, that means we use our grill all year round, often 2-3 times a week. We love to grill all sorts of things all summer long. This easy grilled barbecue steak tacos recipe is one of our favorites.
Here are some of our favorite gluten free grilling recipes:
- Grilled Pork Chops with a Fresh Berry Sauce
- Easy Grilled Fruit Kabobs
- Honey Dijon Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- Grilled Grain-Free Pizza Crust
My son is ready for some serious meat grilling! We thought about what kind of balanced meal we should make for dinner. We took it to the next level and put a little twist to traditional tacos by creating gluten free barbecue steak tacos!
After basting the Barbecue Sauce on the steak, we grilled it for 8 minutes per side so the steak would be medium rares
We pulled the steak off the grill onto a plate and covered it with aluminum foil. We allowed it to rest for 5 minutes. This meat is perfect and ready to be made into tacos.
We are going to top our barbecue tacos with our family’s special coleslaw recipe.
Coleslaw ingredients. Blended, this coleslaw is the perfect taco topping.
What Barbecue Sauces are gluten free?
There are quite a few gluten free barbecue sauces out there. Our favorites are:
- Sky Valley
- Bone Sucking Sauces
- Lillie’s Q
How to make gluten free barbecue steak tacos:
- 1 flank steak, grilled and sliced thinly
- Corn tortillas, make sure they are gluten free
- Kraft Honey Sweet Barbecue Sauce
- 2/3 cup frozen or fresh corn
- 3 long scallions, sliced
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 pear, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon +1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Add honey, lemon juice, mayonnaise, and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl.
- Whisk to blend.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients.
- Pour dressing on top and mix thoroughly.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes so flavors blend in.
- Heat a large skillet on the stove on low heat.
- Warm corn tortillas two at a time until soft. (About 3-4 minutes.)
- Place two slices of flank steak on the corn tortilla.
- Top with coleslaw.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 334 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 23mg Sodium: 217mg Carbohydrates: 47g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 28g Protein: 10g
More Yummy Dinner Ideas to Try