Beets are in season!
Beets are one of my favorite ingredients to work with when creating salad recipes. They are packed full of nutrition and they have a delicious flavor that works really well with most vinaigrette style dressings.
Have you seen pea shoots in your market? I have never tried a pea shoot so I picked up a container to try out. Pea shoots are commonly used in Asian cooking, but I found them to be really easy to use in salads as well.
I hope you enjoy this beet salad recipe. The ginger and raising chutney makes it really special for any get together.
Click here to see all of the salad recipes on this blog.
- 3 large beets, cooked, peeled and sliced
- pea shoots
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 orange, chopped
- 1 teaspoon orange muscat champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon goat cheese per serving
- Place slices of beets into a medium pan with a steamer basket.
- Add water to the bottom and steam until cooked.
- In a small saucepan, add orange juice, candied ginger, raisins, and vinegar.
- Cook over low heat until liquid is reduced by 50% (about 8 minutes.)
- Remove beets from the heat and allow to cool.
- Arrange beets on a plate.
- Top with goat cheese, chutney, and pea shoots.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 216 Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 3mg Sodium: 129mg Carbohydrates: 48g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 27g Protein: 4g
What is your favorite way to enjoy beets?