These gluten free buffalo quinoa vegetable bowls have just the right amount of spice to add a kick to your vegan meal :-).
These buffalo quinoa vegetable bowls are a healthy and filling bowl with just a hint of spice.
What better way to enjoy a family meal than over a vegan veggie bowl?
I found this delicata squash at our local farmer’s market last weekend and I thought the sweet squash flavors would work perfectly with the buffalo sauce in this bowl.
Did I mention how easy this recipe is? These bowls are special because you can use any vegetables, any grain, and any sauce. Want to add more protein? Toss in some edamame or tofu. (*One thing I like to do is make extra quinoa so that I can make different bowls for lunches during the week.) You can toss in grilled chicken, shrimp, or any other meat if you want more protein.
This healthy veggie bowl is filled with butter lettuce, yellow pepper, red quinoa, delicata squash, zucchini, and broccoli. It is both nutritious and filling. No hungry people allowed :-). Our family eats so much meat that it is nice to have some vegan options that still have a lot of protein.
Roasted delicata squash. This three ingredient buffalo sauce cooks up quickly and is perfectly spicy.
How to make a vegetable bowl
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa
- 1 zucchini roasted
- 1/2 delicata squash roasted and sliced
- 1/2 cup cooked broccoli
- 1 red or yellow pepper
- 4-6 large butter lettuce leaves
- For Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup *optional cooked edamame
- Preheat oven.
- Place delicata squash, pepper, and zucchini on a pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake 20 minutes until tender.
- Allow the veggies to cool.
- Line the bottom of two large bowls with the butter lettuce leaves.
- Top with 1/2 cup cooked quinoa, 1/4 cup broccoli, zucchini slices and several slices of the delicata squash.
- In a small saucepan, on medium heat, melt the butter with the minced clove of garlic.
- Sautee 2-3 minutes.
- Add hot sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool and drizzle the sauce over the veggie bowl.
(* Buffalo sauce is from Alton Brown’s Buffalo Wings recipe.)
More Yummy Salad Recipes To Try!