If you love donuts, this paleo cardamom baked donut recipe is a deliciously easy snack to make.
These donuts are completely grain free!
A long time ago I interviewed Fenny at Green Bites Cafe. They do a lot of gluten free baking for their customers, and I have become quite the fan of their gluten free crepes.
If you love crepes, there are a dozen sweet and savory crepes to choose from! I was so excited when Fenny shared her gluten free, paleo cardamom mini donut recipe with us. Her paleo donut recipe is so good!
Don’t forget to check out all of my Gluten Free Donut Recipes on the blog!
I wanted to include a short video so you can see what it is like to make these donuts.
How to Use Coconut Flour in Baking:
Keep in mind when making these that coconut flour absorbs a LOT of moisture. I had to modify the recipe that I was given to add more water.
I used this cute little mini donut maker by Babycakes to make my donuts, but you could also use a donut pan to make these gluten free donuts. The benefit to the donut maker is the outside of your paleo donut gets just a tiny bit crispy…like a fried donut, but it isn’t fried!
I hope this video helped so you can see the process from start to finish.
Next time we make these paleo donuts at home, I may add a vanilla frosting and some sprinkles.
Read the interview with Fenny to see what Green Bites Cafe does to prevent cross contamination here.
If you want to try another fun recipe with coconut flour, check out these Coconut Flour Cookies by Flippin Delicious
(*Note this post was updated with new pictures from 10/28/13)
Green Bite's Cafe's famous paleo cardamom baked donut recipe.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cardamom we did 1/2 because we love cardamom
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil liquid (or oil of choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup warm water if needed
- In a bowl place all dry ingredients into bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Next grab your coconut sugar, coconut oil, and egg. Whisk together in mixing bowl. Once that is all mixed together add in your dry ingredients. Begin to stir the donut batter.
- End with adding in your warm water to the batter if needed. Stir till smooth and combined. You are looking for a not too thick, easy to work with batter.
Add batter to donut pan and bake.
- Remove donuts from pan with a knife.
More Delicious Gluten Free Donut Recipes To Try!