This corn, pomegranate, and pea shoot salad is a simple but flavorful salad that is perfect for any summer get together.
Summer is my favorite time of year for produce. There are so many fruits and vegetables are in season right now.
Have you seen pea shoots in your market yet?
They are most often used in Chinese cooking, but I have found them to be a flavorful addition to salads. They have a long, graceful appearance. Perfect for topping with salad ingredients. You can also easily grow your own pea shoots with these handy tips.
If you love corn, it is at its peak during the summer. I love raw corn kernels in salads. They add a burst of sweetness to the salad.
Click here to see all of the salad recipes on this blog.
How to make a pea shoot salad:
- 1 large pomegranate, seeds removed
- 2 ears of raw corn, kernels removed
- 3 tablespoons scallions, about 1 1/2 stalks
- pea shoots
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix all wet ingredients.
- Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, blend pomegranate seeds, raw corn kernels, scallions, and pea shoots.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and fruit.
- Mix well.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 124 Saturated Fat: 1g Sodium: 3mg Carbohydrates: 13g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 9g Protein: 1g
Round out the menu with these recipe ideas!
Gluten Free Chocolate Orange Donuts
Want to try another salad that features pea shoots? Try this Beet Salad with Pea Shoots.