This country hamburger vegetable soup is hearty enough to be a meal, yet tasty enough to get your kids to eat their veggies 🙂
It is starting to cool off here in the Bay Area. Evenings are cool, and nights are almost chilly in the mid 60s. It is officially fall, my favorite time of year. Hot soups are back on the menu so get ready for this delicious kid friendly soup.
This hearty hamburger vegetable soup recipe can accommodate any vegetables.
Jimmy Nardello Sweet Italian Peppers
I used what I had in my refrigerator, including some beautiful Jimmy Nardello Sweet Italian peppers.
I found these organic peppers at our local farmer’s market. I am a pepper girl, but I wasn’t sure what to do with them. I asked the farmer for some ideas. I found out these peppers are delicious in any cooking because they are mild, they are even perfect whole if you toss them on the grill first.
These peppers are really mild, and they add a wonderful flavor to soups. If you can’t find these peppers, add pasilla or red bell peppers instead.
The goal of this soup recipe isn’t to be spicy, it is to be a hearty flavorful meal. This soup is my answer to food waste. You can use any vegetables in this paleo soup recipe, look in your refrigerator and see what you have. Broccoli? Great, cook it in. Use those veggies that will spoil soon.
What are your favorite soups to enjoy during the fall?
Try these delicious Gluten Free Cheddar Herb Muffins with this soup.
Click here to see all of the soup recipes on this blog.
How to make vegetable soup.
Easy family friendly country hamburger vegetable soup
- 15 ounce vegetable broth I used a box of Trader Joe's broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound grass fed organic ground beef
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 large carrots diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- 4 Jimmy Nardello pepper or 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups green beans chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 large potatoes diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large soup pot, brown ground beef with onion.
- When beef is cooked, add other vegetables and cook for 10 minutes.
- Pour in broth and water.
- Cover and boil for 15 minutes.
- Lower heat and simmer another 20-30 minutes so flavors can cook in.
- Serve with shredded cheese on top (optional)
Here Are Some Yummy Gluten Free Desserts To Try!
If you love soup, give this shredded chicken tortilla soup a try!