Today I am sharing my very favorite go to chicken salad recipe.
Do you have a favorite chicken salad recipe?
I discovered this salad many years ago while we were living in Austin, Texas. I worked near a Whole Foods and this was a salad they often had in their prepared meal section. It was the perfect lunch on the go.
When I saw big purple seedless grapes in my farm box from Farm Fresh to You, I knew it was time to attempt to recreate this salad.
These big purple grapes are really sweet, with no tartness, making them a perfect complement for this salad.
It took about five attempts, but persistence has paid off! You can use any vegetables you like in this salad. The mild curry flavor won’t over power this salad.
This chicken salad recipe hits all of the criteria on my list: it is quick and easy to make, and it tastes great.
The grapes and vegetables are chopped up and ready for the dressing.
If you love chicken salad, you will love this Paleo Balsamic Chicken Salad with Creamy Dairy Free Strawbery Vinaigrette by Noshtastic.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 cup grapes, cut in half
- 2 Persian cucumbers, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup organic mayonnaise or mayo substitute
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric
- Salt to taste
- Fill a medium sized pot halfway with water and add chicken breasts.
- Bring to boil and cook chicken until done, about 10-15 minutes.
- (You can cut into the chicken to make sure it is done in the middle.)
- Pour out hot water and fill pot with cold water to cool chicken.
- When the chicken has cooled down, cut into bite sized pieces.
- Chop all vegetables.
- Slice grapes in half lengthwise.
- Put all vegetables, grapes, and chicken into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix mayo, vinegar, and spices.
- Mix well.
- Add dressing to the large bowl ingredients and toss to coat.
- Serve chilled.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 312 Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 47mg Sodium: 274mg Carbohydrates: 13g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 9g Protein: 13g
More Yummy Salad Recipes To Try!