Today I am sharing my very favorite go-to chicken salad recipe. This curried chicken salad recipe is a take from a chicken salad I bought at Whole Foods. Big juicy grapes are just one of the delicious ingredients.
Do you have a favorite chicken salad recipe?”
Whole Foods Curry Chicken Salad Copycat
I discovered this salad many years ago while we were living in Austin, Texas. I worked near a Whole Foods Market and this was a salad they often had in their prepared meal section. It was the perfect lunch on the go.
When I saw big purple seedless grapes at my grocery store, I knew it was time to attempt to recreate this salad. These big purple grapes are really sweet, with no tartness, making them a perfect complement for this salad.
This delicious curried chicken salad with black grapes is perfect for occasions like:
- Pot lucks
- Lunch boxes
It took about five attempts to get the flavors just right, but persistence has paid off! You can use any vegetables you like in this salad. The mild curry flavor won’t overpower this salad.
This chicken salad recipe hits all of the criteria on my list: it is quick and easy to make, and it tastes great.
The grapes and vegetables are chopped up in a bowl and ready for the curry dressing.
Types of Chicken to Use in this Curry Chicken Salad Recipe
For this recipe, you can use either chopped chicken breast or thighs. You can cook your chicken in several ways:
- Boil or poach the chicken
- Bake the chicken
- Use leftover rotisserie chicken
*TIP: Make sure your chicken is cooled before adding the curry dressing.
More Delicious Salad Recipes to Try:
- Easy Grilled Chicken Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- Pink Grapefruit and Fennel Salad
- Vegan Quinoa Salad with Finger Limes
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 cup grapes, cut in half
- 2 Persian cucumbers, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup organic mayonnaise or mayo substitute
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric
- Salt to taste
- Fill a medium sized pot halfway with water and add chicken breasts.
- Bring to boil and cook chicken until done, about 10-15 minutes.
- (You can cut into the chicken to make sure it is done in the middle.)
- Pour out hot water and fill pot with cold water to cool chicken.
- When the chicken has cooled down, cut into bite sized pieces.
- Chop all vegetables.
- Slice grapes in half lengthwise.
- Put all vegetables, grapes, and chicken into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix mayo, vinegar, and spices.
- Mix well.
- Add dressing to the large bowl ingredients and toss to coat.
- Serve chilled.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 363 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 20g Cholesterol: 64mg Sodium: 414mg Carbohydrates: 13g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 9g Protein: 20g
More Yummy Salad Recipes To Try!