This spiralized daikon salad recipe is a fresh flavorful salad that tastes delicious. Fresh mild daikon, green tart apples, and pepitas make this a fabulous salad that is almost too pretty to eat.
Have you seen daikon radish in your grocery store or farmer's market?
This daikon radish salad recipe started with a silly mistake. I was hunting for carrots, and the store I like to shop at for produce had daikon with complete green tops attached next to the carrots. I grabbed a bunch in a hurry, thinking they were heirloom white carrots.
Once I got home, I realized these were not even remotely close to a carrot. I am sure I am not the only one to be fooled. Daikon radishes look like long white carrots, but they are really Chinese radishes!
If you love salads as we do, check out all of my delicious salad recipes for some more yummy ideas.
Why this salad is great:
This easy daikon salad recipe is ready in just minutes and is pretty enough to grab attention at any get-together. Daikon has an absolutely delicious and very mild flavor! This radish and lime spiralized salad is another fun recipe you can try out.
This easy daikon salad recipe is gluten free, vegan, dairy-free, and paleo, so it is perfect for any diet.
- Daikon - Most grocery stores carry this root vegetable.
- Pepitas - Be sure to make sure the white shell has been removed.
- Rice Vinegar - I love rice vinegar, but apple vinegar is also good.
- Orange juice - Fresh or bottled is fine.
- Green apples - Tart apples are best in this recipe. I loved using Granny Smith.
My daikon salad recipe combines fun flavors that all play nicely together. (*If you love apples as much as we do, here are our favorite gluten free apple recipes.
Recipe step-by-step directions:
This daikon radish recipe is so easy to make! It is delicious with sushi and seafood recipes!
- Wash the daikon and remove the top and bottom.
- Insert it into your spiralizer and spiralize the whole thing. Repeat until you spiralize it all.
- Add it to a large salad bowl with the pepitas, parsley, and apples.
- In a small bowl, add the dressing ingredients and whisk to blend.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
When I ended up with a bunch of daikon radishes, I wondered what to make with daikon radishes. These radishes are not your typical round radish. They are long and white and closely resemble a very large carrot.
Daikon has a very mild, sweet flavor. You wouldn't even suspect it was in the radish family!
Pepitas are special pumpkin seeds that grow in the pumpkin without their tough coating. They are deliciously roasted and make a delicious snack. They have tons of protein, fiber, and micronutrients.
This daikon salad will keep fresh for up to 2 days in the refrigerator. If you don't add the dressing, you can store it for up to 4 days in an air-tight container.
More Delicious Salad Recipes to Try:
Daikon and Green Apple Salad with Pepitas
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 daikon
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons clementine juice
- 1 granny smith apple
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons pepitas unsalted
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- In a bowl, add oil, vinegar, juices, and parsley. Whisk to blend.
- Spiralize the daikon and green apple. If you don't have a spiralizer, feel free to chop it.
- Toss the daikon and green apple with the dressing. Allow to sit for 5 minutes so the flavors blend.
Please know that every gluten free flour blend has a different starch to grain ratio. If you use a blend I didn't test, you may need to adjust your moisture levels in your baked goods.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
Simplifying the art of baking and cooking gluten-free recipes.