Creamy chocolate, macadamia nuts, and dried cherries combined make a delicious chocolate treat. You will love how easy this 3 ingredient chocolate bark recipe is to make. Raid your pantry and get your mix-ins ready!
If you love chocolate as much as we do, you will want to check out all of my delicious gluten free chocolate recipes!
Click for Table of Contents:
It is time to get serious and use some pantry ingredients to make something delicious! Today's recipe will help you do three things:
- Solve those chocolate cravings.
- Give you a fun activity to do with the kids.
- Clear out some pantry scraps!
What I love most about this gluten free candy recipe is you can easily turn it into Pantry Bark! You can use ANY chocolate bars/chocolate chips/chocolate melting wafers and any mix-ins from your pantry! I had some Trader Joe's chocolate on-hand and at $4.99 for a big bar, it is a total bargain!
For this chocolate bark recipe we used just three simple ingredients:
- Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Bar
- Trader Joe's Macadamia Nuts
- Trader Joe's Tart Dried Cherries
Are you ready to make some candy? First, look in your pantry for partially empty bags of snacks that will go bad soon. Some you will use to make this chocolate bark recipe and others you can use to make this wonderful Gluten Free Clean Your Pantry Cookie (aka Compost Cookies) recipe.
We melted half of the pound bar of dark chocolate. Next, we broke it into squares and put them in a microwave-safe dish.
How to melt chocolate in the microwave:
Melt the chocolate in 30-second increments. Stir between each interval. After two 30 second intervals, use 20 second intervals. This will prevent the chocolate from overcooking or burning. Our chocolate was ready by the 4th increment.
Add in 1 cup of macadamia nuts and 1/2 cup of the tart dried cherries to the melted chocolate and stir to blend. (Or mix in anything you want!!)
- Mini marshmallows
- Potato chips (remember we are talking pantry scraps!)
- Graham cracker pieces
Dump the mixture onto a piece of wax paper in a small baking dish. Use a spoon to spread it out on the wax paper. Put into the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
Break apart and enjoy. You can mix any of your favorite things into this chocolate. This recipe is so simple, even your kids can make it!
Kids also love helping make these gourmet homemade chocolate truffles!!
What chocolate is gluten free?
There are quite a few gluten free chocolates. We love Trader Joe's bars, Ghirardelli (both chocolate chips and their Melting chocolate wafers), Enjoy Life (also free of the Top 8 allergens), Lilly's (sugar free but it is more expensive), and Nestle (read labels just in case).
Easy Chocolate Bark
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- In a microwave-safe dish, add your chocolate.
- Microwave on 30 second intervals, stirring the chocolate between each interval.
- When your chocolate is melted, add your mix-ins.
- Pour the chocolate mix onto a wax paper-lined baking dish.
- Spread the mixture with a spoon to flatten it out.
- Refrigerate 30-45 minutes until the chocolate hardens.
- Break the chocolate bark into pieces.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)
(*This post was updated from 7/1/2014)