I found these baby eggplants on sale today, 10 for only $1.00.
I couldn’t resist and I bought these to experiment with.
These little eggplants are are so cute. They will make the perfect appetizer.
They are almost bite sized…I cut them lengthwise and left the stem on. This way you have the option of grabbing one and eating it as a finger food. I scooped out a little bit of the flesh so the fillings would stay inside instead of rolling off the top as it baked.
Sprinkle each with salt then brush on some olive oil.
Add fresh basil.
Spoon a tablespoon of your favorite marinara sauce on top.
Add some fresh minced garlic and mozzarella cheese.
Click here to see all of the appetizer recipes on this blog.
Mini eggplant parmesan appetizer
- 10 baby eggplants
- fresh basil thinly sliced
- olive oil
- your favorite marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup gluten free panko bread crumbs
- garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray non-stick olive oil in a baking dish.
- Slice eggplants lengthwise leaving stem on.
- Scoop out some of the inside so there is a 1/2 inch indentation.
- Sprinkle salt on the eggplant then brush with olive oil.
- Add a piece of fresh basil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of marinara.
- Put a tiny bit of minced raw garlic on.
- Add 1 tablespoon shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle a little gluten free panko.
- Bake for 20 minutes until done.
Here is another fun appetizer to make. Delicata Squash Stuffed Mushrooms.