Delicata squash are in season and if you haven’t tried this squash, I encourage you to pick one up the next time you are at your local farmer’s market.
These gluten free stuffed mushrooms are a perfect appetizer for any holiday party or gathering. They are quick and easy to make, and make a healthy option.
As many of you know, I get most of our produce from a local farm, Farm Fresh to You. I have written quite a bit about their organic farm, but if you missed my older posts, Farm Fresh to You delivers organic produce straight to your doorstep all over the Bay Area.
I roasted this delicata squash to make it soft and juicy for the stuffing.
This is the first time I tried Ian’s gluten free panko. I like using panko breadcrumbs when I bake because they are bigger than typical gluten free breadcrumbs.
Mix all of the stuffing ingredients with the delicata squash.
Here are the mushrooms stuffed and ready to bake.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
- 6 small portobello mushrooms or 18 small mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/3 cup roasted delicata squash, cooked and mashed
- 1/3 cup chopped mushroom stems
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons parmesean cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice delicata squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Roast delicata squash until tender. (If you are in a hurry, you can slice it in half and put it in a microwave safe dish with 1/2 inch of water and microwave for 8 minutes.)
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems.
- Chop stems and add to a large bowl.
- Add all ingredients into the bowl and stir.
- Stuff each mushroom cap.
- Put on a baking dish and bake 15-20 minutes (depending on mushroom cap size) until golden.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 24 Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 29mg Carbohydrates: 1g
For more appetizer recipes, check out my Gluten Free board on Pinterest.
Looking for more gluten free appetizers? How about these Bok Choy Meatballs?