If you are looking for a wonderful gluten free healthy stuffed mushroom appetizer, look no further. These delectable stuffed mushrooms are not only healthy, but they taste so good you won’t be able to eat just one.
Don’t forget to check out all of my delicious gluten free appetizer recipes…it will be hard to decide which to make next.
Delicata squash are in season and if you haven’t tried this squash, I encourage you to pick one up the next time you are at your local farmer’s market.
These gluten free stuffed mushrooms are a perfect appetizer for any holiday party or gathering. They are quick and easy to make, and make a healthy option.
As many of you know, I get most of our produce from a local farm, Farm Fresh to You. I have written quite a bit about their organic farm, but if you missed my older posts, Farm Fresh to You delivers organic produce straight to your doorstep all over the Bay Area.
I roasted this delicata squash to make it soft and juicy for the stuffing.
This is the first time I tried Ian’s gluten free panko. I like using panko breadcrumbs when I bake because they are bigger than typical gluten free breadcrumbs.
Mix all of the stuffing ingredients with the delicata squash.
Here are the mushrooms stuffed and ready to bake.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
- 6 small portobello mushrooms or 18 small mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/3 cup roasted delicata squash, cooked and mashed
- 1/3 cup chopped mushroom stems
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons parmesean cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice delicata squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Roast delicata squash until tender. (If you are in a hurry, you can slice it in half and put it in a microwave safe dish with 1/2 inch of water and microwave for 8 minutes.)
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems.
- Chop stems and add to a large bowl.
- Add all ingredients into the bowl and stir.
- Stuff each mushroom cap.
- Put on a baking dish and bake 15-20 minutes (depending on mushroom cap size) until golden.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 37 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 6mg Sodium: 60mg Carbohydrates: 3g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 2g
Looking for more gluten free appetizers? How about these Bok Choy Meatballs?