This gourmet white chocolate Easter bunny popcorn is something quick and easy to make for a special dessert. This candied popcorn makes a fun project to make with your kids.
Are you ready for the holidays? This year we are stuck at home because our kids have different spring break schedules. That means lots of stay-cation fun for us. One of our favorite things to do is watch movies together. This quick and easy Easter bunny white chocolate popcorn recipe is a delicious snack to enjoy while watching movies.
You will LOVE how easy this white chocolate candy popcorn recipe is to make.
You can toss in your favorite Easter candy, like these pastel M&Ms, or use colored sprinkles. Any candy is perfect in this flavored popcorn dessert. The candy works so well with the salty and sweet flavors…you will find it can be addictive. I chose to add food coloring to the white chocolate to make my popcorn pink. You can use any color you want, or leave the white chocolate white.
You can even serve it up in fancy glasses for an easy Easter party snack. This is gourmet popcorn at its finest :-).
Green dyed coconut flakes, white chocolate, and Easter candy mixed all together!
How to make the best gourmet popcorn:
You can use a popcorn maker, microwave popcorn, or your favorite bagged popcorn to make this delicious dessert. Color your shredded coconut. I used Easter basket green food coloring. I used 10 drops mixed with 2/3 cups of coconut flakes. Mix well and allow to dry for 10 minutes.
Add your favorite candy to the popcorn.
Melt the white chocolate in the microwave. I used Ghriradelli white melting chocolate.
Swirl in 6 drops of red food coloring to make it pink.
Drizzle the white chocolate onto the popcorn mixture and mix well. Allow to dry for 10 minutes. Don’t you just love chocolate covered popcorn?
Here is an easy Foolproof Stove-top Popcorn method from Healthy Seasonal Recipes to ensure you have the best popcorn for this recipe.
Tools you need to make this recipe:
How to make gourmet white chocolate popcorn:
- 6 cups popcorn, lightly salted
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup white chocolate
- 1/2 cup M&Ms, (or other candy)
- Pop the popcorn according to directions. Lightly salt the popcorn and put it into a large bowl.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave in a microwave safe dish.
- Add food coloring to make it any color you like.
- Add coconut to a small bowl and add food coloring if you choose. Let sit 5 minutes to dry.
- Pour the coconut into the popcorn. Add the candy.
- Drizzle 1/2 the white chocolate on and mix. Drizzle the other half of white chocolate and mix again.
- Spread the popcorn onto a cookie sheet and allow the chocolate to harden for 10 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: people
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 238 Saturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 4mg Sodium: 48mg Carbohydrates: 31g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 21g Protein: 3g
More Yummy Dessert Ideas