This creamy pea soup with fresh dill is a delicious comforting soup for those cold days. Fresh peas and dill flavors blend deliciously in this creamy soup recipe.
Now that it is cooler, it is a great time for hot soup! I hope you enjoy this soup, it has simple ingredients, but packs a delicious sweet pea flavor. (If you love soups at this time of year, you will love this Creamy Cheddar Tomato Soup and this Ground Pork Chili Mac Soup.)
We are now well into fall, but sometimes it is hard to tell because where we live because the leaves don’t really change colors. There are a few ginko trees whose leaves turn yellow, but this is nothing compared to New England’s foliage. (Click here to see some incredible foliage photos!) We don’t get the vibrant colors, but I love to look at all of the pictures because they bring back so many wonderful memories.
You will find this creamy pea soup with fresh dill recipe is very easy to make.
To make this recipe, I used pre-shelled fresh English peas that I found at Trader Joe’s. They have started to carry these year-round, which makes it so easy to get that freshly shelled pea flavor into recipes like this pea soup. If you prefer to shell your own English peas, pop open the shells and push the peas out into a bowl. Don’t eat the pea pods!
My easy pea soup recipe only has 6 ingredients, most of which you probably already have on hand :-).
Tools You Need To Make This Recipe:
- Immersion blender. I LOVE my Cuisinart immersion blender because not only is it an immersion blender, but it is also a food processor, mixer, whipped cream maker, etc!
- A nice soup pot. I make soups all year long for my family and having a good pot is critical to make batches of all sizes.
- 2 1/2 cups fresh peas
- 32 fluid ounces chicken broth, (this equals 1 box Trader Joe's low sodium chicken broth)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and peas. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the other ingredients (except the cream!) Turn the heat down and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the cream, simmer 5 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup on the pot so that it is smooth and creamy. Make sure to keep the immersion blender submerged so that it doesn't spray soup everywhere.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 154 Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 27mg Sodium: 588mg Carbohydrates: 12g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 4g Protein: 4g
More Yummy Soup Recipes To Try!