Gluten free lemon tart is a smooth and creamy, sweet lemon dessert. Tangy lemon custard and a light and flaky gluten-free crust make this lemon tart recipe special!
If you love lemons, not only do I have an easy gluten-free lemon tart recipe for you to enjoy, but I am doing a pairing with this dessert wine as well. And if you are a lemon fanatic like we are, check out all of the best Gluten Free Lemon Desserts recipes!
Click for Table of Contents:
It is finally summer!! Time to kick back, and relax after a busy school year.
It is the season where we can now eat outside and enjoy the warm weather with friends and family. You are going to love this easy gluten free lemon tart recipe.
Lemons are in season and they are one of my favorite fruits to bake with. This homemade fresh lemon tart is just bursting with lemon flavor. Add in a delicious almond flour crust, and you are going to want this tart again and again.
(This post was sponsored by Gloria Ferrer, but all opinions are my own.)
When I was asked to try out a couple of wines by Gloria Ferrer Caves & Vineyards, I knew it would be a great opportunity to create a dish around one of their wines.
When the box of wine finally arrived, I couldn't wait to dive in and see what they sent to me. There was a bottle of 2012 Carneros Pinot Noir and a bottle of Blanc De Noirs sparkling wine.
I am typically a red wine type of girl, but something about the sparkling wine intrigued me. The Blanc De Noir is made from hand-harvested Pinot Noir grapes.
This gave me the perfect idea to use some fresh lemons from our tree to create a dessert that would highlight the flavors of this sparkling wine. I don't know anyone that doesn't love a good lemon tart recipe!
💭 Top tip:
You can make this lemon tart as one long tart, or use these mini tart pans to make mini lemon tarts! Whatever pan you use, make sure the bottom comes off so that you can easily get the tart out of the pan!
And if you prefer a savory tart, give this easy gluten free asparagus goat cheese tart a try!
- Gluten free flour blend
- Almond flour
- Sparkling wine, optional
- Heavy cream
To make the gluten free crust, I mix all of the dry ingredients together. I then add the butter and cut it into the flour with a pastry blender.
I have tested two gluten free flour blends in this recipe. I liked King Arthur Gluten Free Measure for Measure and Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend. This doesn't mean other blends won't work, I just haven't tested any others. Try to avoid flour blends that are high in starch.
As always, if your blend does not contain Xanthan Gum, you will need to add 1 teaspoon.
Add the eggs and water and the dough should look like this photo above.
I press the gluten free dough into the tart pan. It is important to press it into each curve of the pan's edging. Pre-bake the crust separately for 10 minutes.
Put the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, Blanc De Noir, and lemon juice into a saucepan and cook on low heat until it begins to thicken. Add heavy cream and cook on low for 3-4 more minutes. Pour the lemon mixture into the crust.
⏲️ Baking time:
Bake your tart for an additional 20 minutes at 350 degrees F. (Pre-baking is important so that your tart crust crisps.)
Can you make this nut-free?
You can easily make this recipe nut-free by omitting the almond flour and adding an additional 1/2 cup of gluten free flour blend.
Can you make this recipe dairy-free?
You can swap out the heavy cream and butter by using full fat coconut milk and vegan stick butter.
More Delicious Lemon Dessert Recipes to Try:
- Gluten Free Lemon Layer Cake
- Gluten Free Lemon Sour Cream Cakes
- Gluten Free Lemon Cupcakes with Lemonade Icing
- No-Churn Lemon Ice Cream
Click here to see all of the tart recipes on this blog.
Easy Gluten Free Lemon Tart
For the Crust:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sparkling wine optional
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- In a large bowl, add dry ingredients.
- Whisk to blend.
- Add cold butter in chunks and use a pastry blender to combine the butter into the flour.
- The dough should look very grainy when you are finished.
- Add eggs and 3 tablespoons of water.
- Mix the dough.
- Continue to add the last 2-3 tablespoons of water, one at a time until the dough holds together.
- Spray a tart pan with coconut oil and put dough into pan.
- Use your fingers to press the dough down into the tart pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake tart crust for 10 minutes before adding the filling.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and eggs and cook over low heat.
- Whisk to blend.
- Cook for 5 minutes then add lemon juice, grated lemon peel, and Blanc De Noirs.
- Continue to whisk and cook for 2-3 minutes until it begins to thicken.
- Add cream and cook 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour filling onto the crust.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes until done.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)