If you are looking for an easy grab and go breakfast, these gluten free blackberry muffins are a great choice to try. Full of juicy sweet blackberries, nobody will know these muffins are healthy too!
We are muffin fanatics here at Fearless Dining so if you love muffins, you will want to check out all of my popular gluten free muffins recipes.
If you are like me, I am always trying to make a "treat" healthy enough that my kids can eat enjoy it for breakfast. Breakfast is so much more fun when it looks like a forbidden dessert. Add their favorite fruit, blackberries, and I think these muffins will be a hit.
Believe it or not, this gluten free blackberry muffin recipe is very similar in taste and texture to a "lighter" bran muffin.
I am going to be totally honest with you and tell you this flavor was completely unexpected. These muffins are not only gluten free, but dairy-free and refined sugar-free too! They are perfect for those who have food allergies.
(I couldn't resist taking a bite during the photo shoot...sorry! It is hard to resist a blackberry!)
If you look at the texture of this muffin, you will see it is still light and fluffy, even with the added healthy ingredients!
Here are two more delicious fruity muffin recipes to try! My Gluten Free Strawberry Muffins and is a family favorite in our house.
- Gluten free flour blend, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, get this too.)
- Almond flour
- Chia seeds
- Flaxseed meal
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Light oil
- Coconut sugar
You will notice I used large bakery muffin papers for these muffins. I found these in Michael's and I wanted to experiment with them a bit. This recipe makes 6 of these large muffins or 12 regular sized muffins.
More Delicious Breakfast Ideas:
- Pick Your Fruit Oatmeal Muffins
- Gluten Free Buckwheat Pancakes with Pear
- Teff Cheese Grits with Fried Eggs
If you are going to freeze some, I recommend making regular sized muffins.
- My very favorite gluten free flour blend.
- Almond flour to add protein to these muffins.
- A fabulous muffin tin.
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup avocado oil, or any light oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- In a smaller bowl, add all wet ingredients and blend.
- Add the black berries and fold in gently.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until "just" blended.
- Don't over mix or your muffins will not be light and fluffy.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners and fill each 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes (small muffins) or 30 minutes (large muffins)
- Remove from the oven and move to a cooling rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 312Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 200mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 4gSugar: 20gProtein: 6g
Please note this nutrition information is calculated by a recipe plugin and is an estimate based on the ingredients used in this recipe.