These gluten free Butterfinger shortbread cookie bars are a treat your whole family will love.
I don’t know about you, but Butterfingers are one of my favorite candy bars. They have a crisp texture, and a sweet chocolaty finish. These candy bars are on the safe gluten free Halloween candy list year after year and my family relies on these treats as a safe trick or treat candy option.
This year I really wanted to create a dessert that takes advantage of Butterfinger’s flavors. And if I bake my Butterfingers in these bars, no sticky fingers from melted chocolate :-).
You will love these Gluten Free Butterfinger Shortbread Cookie Bars!
(*If you love to use Halloween candy in your baking, try this Gluten Free Pumpkin Baby Ruth Bundt Cake or these Gluten Free Mini Peanut Butter Cup Shortbread Bars.)
Okay, time to fess up’
Do you steal your kids’ Halloween candy?
I am so guilty….but it gets harder every year. My kids are old enough now that they notice when I steal their Halloween candy. They hide their candy each year and they get more and more sneaky in finding hiding places as they get older :-).
Well, I am not going to worry this year. This year I am just buying my own Butterfingers!!
(*This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.)
How to make gluten free shortbread bars:
The shortbread batter is thick and makes a great base for these bars.
Once the batter has baked for 20 minutes, pour the condensed milk and candy on top and bake for another 15 minutes.
Easy gluten free Butterfinger shortbread cookie bars
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 14 ounce can sweet condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 sticks butter melted (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped Butterfinger Minis
- 3/4 cup Butterfinger Bite Sized Bars chopped
- 3/4 cup Butterfinger Peanut Butter cups
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray coconut oil in an 8x8 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, add coconut sugar, flour, baking powder, and almond flour.
- Whisk to blend.
- In a medium bow add the egg. With a whisk, slowly add the melted butter a little at a time, whisking constantly so that the egg doesn't cook due to the heat of the melted butter.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Mix and add the 1/2 cup of Butterfinger Minis to the batter.
- Spread the batter in the 8x8 baking dish and press down to flatten.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- In a small bowl, add vanilla, almonds, condensed milk, and Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups.
- Pour this mixture on top.
- Sprinkle the chopped Butterfinger bars on top.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes.
- (You may want to put a pan under your baking dish. The condensed milk can rise up when cooking and get a bit messy.)
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Cut into bars when cool.
Here are two more delicious desserts featuring Butterfinger:
To see all of the gluten free cookies and bars on this blog, click here.