These gluten free butterscotch madeleines are my guilty pleasure lately. Light and cake-like, you will love how these cookies melt in your mouth.
These delicious gluten free butterscotch madeleine cookies are a delicious treat.
I feel like I have ignored my madeleines pan lately…I haven’t touched it since early spring when I made these Gluten Free Kumquat Madeleines. In Europe, they would call these cookies madeleines au Citron. I just say they are yummy and have a distinct citrus flavor.
It isn’t the pan’s fault, it is mine. My madeleines pan ended up so far back in the cabinet, I completely forgot about it. Maybe this is common for food bloggers because we collect so many fun kitchen gadgets and toys :-).
For this craving, I used butterscotch chips. These are definitely not traditional for madeleines cookies…but a craving is a craving :-).
How to make gluten free madeleines:
After whisking the dry ingredients to blend, add the wet ingredients and the butterscotch chips. Mix well.
Your dough will be fluffy and thick.
Add a little dough to each Madeleine cake section. Don’t worry that it is blobby…it melts down easily to form the classic Madeleine shape.
Click here to see all of the cookie recipes on this blog.
(*Please note there are affiliate links in this recipe. Making a purchase from a link will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help off set the costs of running this blog. I really appreciate your support.)
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
How to make delicious light and fluffy gluten free butterscotch madeleines.
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a Madeleine pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, add flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk to blend.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly add melted butter to eggs, mixing the whole time.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and add chips.
- Mix well.
- Drop a spoonful of batter into each Madeleine cake section.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove Madeleines onto a cooling rack.
More Yummy Gluten Free Cookies To Try!