Gluten free calzones stuffed with pizza sauce, cheese, and your favorite pizza toppings are a great snack, dinner, or game day treat! Take one bite of a gluten free calzone and the melted cheese will just ooze out all over.
This gluten free calzone recipe reminds me a lot of homemade gluten free Hot Pockets.
Calzones are easy to hold, and fun to eat. I have finally created a gluten-free calzone recipe that tastes just like the good old days.
This gluten-free calzone recipe takes a little bit of time to make, but if you are patient, you will be rewarded with a delicious crust. (And don't forget the gooey melted mozzarella cheese!)
After the gluten free calzone dough has risen, I take a baseball-sized clump of dough and put it between two pieces of wax paper. This makes it easier to roll out.
And now the fun part. You can add sauce and cheese, salsa and other Mexican toppings, or anything else you can dream up to the inside of your gluten free calzone.
My son wanted salami in his gluten free Hot Pockets.
Fold the dough over and press the edges of your gluten free calzone closed.
More Delicious Gluten Free Dinner Recipes to Try:
Things You Need to Make This Recipe:
- 3 cups gluten free flour blend, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 package dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- pizza sauce, salsa, or other sauce for inside calzone
- cheese, Mexican, mozzarella, etc
- veggies or meats
- In a small dish, add yeast, honey, and 1/2 cup warm water.
- Allow yeast to bubble.
- Add 2 eggs, olive oil, and 1 additional cup water.
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients.
- Whisk to blend.
- Pour in liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and allow to rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Take a tennis ball sized (or a little smaller) ball of dough and place between two sheets of wax paper. You may need to dust the dough with extra flour. This is normal.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Put in 1-2 tablespoons of sauce and other fillings on one side of the circle.
- Fold the dough over the toppings and pinch the dough edges closed.
- Repeat until you run out of dough.
- Bake for 20 minutes until cooked.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 525Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 610mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 23g
Please note this nutrition information is calculated by a recipe plugin and is an estimate based on the ingredients used in this recipe.