These incredible gluten free caramel stuffed chocolate chip cookies are sure to please every cookie lover! If you love melted caramel and cookies, these cookies are a winning combination!
(This post is sponsored by Naked Bread Frozen Plant-Based Gluten Free Cookie Dough. All delicious opinions are my own.)
I am so excited about this new cookie recipe! This is for my readers who don't have a lot of time but still want all of the fresh home-baked cookie flavors.
It doesn't get any easier than this recipe! The star of the recipe is one of my favorite gluten free slice and bake cookies, Naked Bread Frozen Plant-Based Gluten Free Cookie Dough.
There are no vegan slice and bake cookie doughs out there and this one ticks off every allergy-friendly box because they are not only vegan and gluten free, but they are also dairy-free, egg-free, and soy-free!! They are completely free of the top 8 allergens!
Naked Bread Gluten Free Cookie Dough comes in four delicious flavors including the chocolate chip that I used. Try some of these flavors too: ginger molasses, chocolate mint, and snickerdoodle.
Find them in the Pacific Northwest as well as California and Montana. Use this handy store locator to find it near you!
Recipe step by step directions:
Step 1: Cut your caramel pieces in half on a cutting board.
HINT: If you are dairy-free, AvenueSweets makes great dairy-free caramels. They are on Amazon.
Step 2: Defrost your cookie dough pieces until they are soft. Press one flat with your palm and place a caramel piece in the middle of the dough.
Step 3: fold the sides of the dough around the caramel pieces.
Step 4: You will end up with a lot of ball-shaped cookies like the above photo.
Step 5: Place the cookie balls on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
HINT: I really recommend using parchment paper because if caramel leaks out of a cookie, it will be hard to clean off the baking sheet.
Step 6: Bake the cookies for 8 minutes until done. They spread beautifully.
Tips and Recipe FAQ:
No, even though these cookies are egg-free, it is important not to eat raw gluten free flour.
These cookies will keep up to 3 days in an air-tight container.
You can easily freeze these in a zip-style freezer bag. I recommend reheating these in the oven to soften the caramel centers.
More gluten free cookie recipes:
- Gluten Free Gingerdoodles
- Easy Gluten Free Vanilla Wafers
- Gluten Free Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Gluten Free Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies
Gluten Free Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 9.5 ounces cookie dough
- 6 ounces caramel
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Cut your caramel squares in half on a cutting board.
- Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator.
- Press each cookie dough ball flat.
- Put a caramel piece in the middle of each flattened cookie dough ball. Wrap the dough around the caramel and press to seal the edges.
- Place the stuffed cookie dough balls on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. This is important just in case any caramel leaks out.
- Bake for 8 minutes until the cookies look slightly golden. The caramel is hot so allow them to cool for a few minutes before eating.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)