If you love chocolate, and you love spice, this gluten free chocolate chili mocha mug cake is for you.
Have you tried Starbucks new Chili Mocha latte yet? It is so good, and I don’t even like sweet coffee drinks! I get mine with no whip, just to make it a little easier to handle the guilt of drinking one :-).
I tried to duplicate that flavor in this super easy, 5-minute gluten free mug cake recipe.
You read that right. You can eat a rich, chocolaty dessert in under 5 minutes. It can be quicker than this…the actual cook time in your microwave is only one minute! How fast can you toss ingredients into a mug? (And if you prefer something fruity, give this Gluten Free Cherry Cobbler Mug Cake recipe a try. It is delicious with any fresh fruit!)
Now, if your kids are like mine, feel free to leave the cayenne pepper out of this recipe and just serve them delicious gluten free chocolate mug cake. Let them toss a few chocolate chips in and have some fun. This recipe is so easy, they can even make these on their own…just make sure they don’t dust your whole kitchen in flour!
I was skeptical about mug cakes for a long time. I couldn’t understand how these cakes could retain their moist fluffy texture when they were cooked in a microwave. If you look at this photo, you can see it looks like a regular cake.
How to make a gluten free mug cake:
- 3 tablespoons gluten free flour blend
- 2 teaspoons granulated coffee
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons avocado, or other light oil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- optional: hot fudge and chili flakes
- In a small bowl, add all dry ingredients and whisk. Add the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Spray coconut oil into a mug and add the batter.
- Add the batter to the mug and microwave for 1 minute.
- Top with whipped cream, hot fudge, chili flakes.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 492 Saturated Fat: 4g Sodium: 5mg Carbohydrates: 57g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 37g Protein: 4g
More Yummy Dessert Recipes To Try!