Cast Iron Skillet Desserts
Is there any better flavor combination than chocolate and peanut butter?
Cast-Iron Skillet Dessert
You can slice it like pizza into wedges or just dig in with a spoon! I vote the spoon approach. It’s so much more fun that way!
More Delicious Chocolate Recipes to Try:
- Chocolate Chia Jam Chocolates
- GF Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- Gluten Free Ultimate Skillet Cookie
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- A gluten free flour blend with Xanthan Gum mixed in. If your mix doesn’t have it, add 1 teaspoon.
- A 10 1/2 inch cast iron skillet.
- Good quality cocoa powder.
How to make a gluten free peanut butter skillet cookie:
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter, melted, for serving
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, melted, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet with butter or cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine gluten-free flour blend, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix to combine. Gradually add in the flour mixture, stirring in between, just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Lightly press dough into the cast iron skillet.
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes, until edges are set and middle is mostly cooked. Remove from oven at let sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Drizzle melted peanut butter and chocolate over the cookie skillet. Top with ice cream if you wish and serve warm.
There are affiliate links in my posts. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 374Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 297mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 3gSugar: 31gProtein: 5g