If you love pancakes, you will love this simple recipe for gluten free pancakes with coconut and pecan is for you. Stack these pancakes high and drizzle the maple syrup! This easy breakfast recipe will be a crowd pleaser!
Saturday morning are one of my favorite times. It is quiet and peaceful in my kitchen. There is no rush, no fuss, and I have all of the time I need to experiment with new recipes.
I serve breakfast late morning when the kids get up in the morning.
It seems like my 12 year old sleeps later and later each Saturday morning. He is in a perpetual growth spurt and his body needs the sleep. For him, he gets to heat his breakfast up because he often wakes hours after everyone else.
I am pretty sure this gluten free pancake recipe will help draw him out of bed.
Do your kids like to sleep in? There was definitely a big shift in our house when our kids hit their early teen years. Gone are the 6 am wakings…in with the kids sleeping the entire morning.
This easy gluten free pancake recipe makes moist and delicious pancakes, and full of coconut and pecan flavors.
How to make gluten free pancakes:
Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
This batter is a bit thick, my kids like their pancakes on the thicker side. You can add a little more water if your kids like their pancakes thinner.
Just add syrup :-).
(*Please note there is an affiliate link in this recipe. If you make a purchase using an affiliate link, it won’t change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I appreciate your support.)
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut lightly sweetened
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients.
- Whisk to blend.
- In a medium bowl, add all wet ingredients and mix.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon coconut oil on medium heat.
- Use a ladle to pour pancake mix onto the skillet.
- Cook 3 minutes, then flip so the other side cooks.
- Remove from heat and repeat until all of the batter is used.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 301 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 47mg Sodium: 350mg Carbohydrates: 34g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 6g Protein: 7g
More Yummy Breakfast Ideas to Try!