If you love pancakes, you will love this simple recipe for gluten free pancakes with coconut and pecan is for you. Stack these pancakes high and drizzle the maple syrup! This easy breakfast recipe will be a crowd-pleaser!
Breakfast is our favorite meal of the day. Why not try more of my delicious gluten free breakfast recipes?
Saturday morning are one of my favorite times. It is quiet and peaceful in my kitchen. There is no rush, no fuss, and I have all of the time I need to experiment with new recipes.
I serve breakfast late morning when the kids get up in the morning. Well, sometimes.
It seems like my 12 year old sleeps later and later each Saturday morning. He is in a perpetual growth spurt and his body needs the sleep. For him, he gets to heat his breakfast up because he often wakes hours after everyone else.
Do your kids like to sleep in? There was definitely a big shift in our house when our kids hit their early teen years. Gone are the 6 am wakings...in with the kids sleeping the entire morning.
This easy gluten free pancake recipe makes moist and delicious pancakes, and full of coconut and pecan flavors.
How to make gluten free pancakes:
Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
This batter is a bit thick, my kids like their pancakes on the thicker side. You can add a little more water if your kids like their pancakes thinner.
Just add syrup :-).
You will also love these Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Pancakes recipe from Gluten-Free Palate, or if you need paleo, these Paleo Pancakes from Noshtastic.
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
Gluten Free Coconut and Pecan Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut lightly sweetened
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients.
- Whisk to blend.
- In a medium bowl, add all wet ingredients and mix.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon coconut oil on medium heat.
- Use a ladle to pour pancake mix onto the skillet.
- Cook 3 minutes, then flip so the other side cooks.
- Remove from heat and repeat until all of the batter is used.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)