Sometimes a quick and easy dinner is just what you need. This healthy gluten-free coconut and pecan crusted chicken tenders recipe is just that. Dip them in the Chinese honey mustard sauce and it is perfect.
Are you ready for dinner in under 30 minutes? This quick and easy baked chicken tender recipe is a delicious healthy family-friendly dinner. These pecan coconut crusted chicken tenders are a surprise favorite in our house!
When I decided to make this coconut pecan crusted chicken tenders recipe, I wasn’t sure if my kids would like it. They like the individual components in the recipe, but I haven’t coated their favorite chicken tenders with this combination.
I was thrilled when my kids told me they loved this new dinner recipe. If you want to change it up for variety, see the substitution tips below.
The foundation of this recipe uses this new organic unsweetened coconut I found at Trader Joe’s this week.
Dip the chicken tender in the egg mixture.
Dip the egg coated chicken tender in the coconut and pecan mixture.
Arrange the tenders in a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
- If you would like this to be nut free, omit the pecans. (Same for the coconut)
- You can use gluten free panko to coat the chicken tenders to make these more kid-friendly.
- You can also pan fry these chicken tenders if you prefer a crispier outside.
Click here to see all of the appetizer recipes on this site.
More Delicious Appetizer Recipes to Try:
How to make coconut pecan chicken tenders:
- 1 package chicken tenders, about 7-9
- 1/4 cup gluten free panko
- 1/4 cup dry roasted, unsalted pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flake coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- For Chinese Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Hot Mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, add pecans, panko, coconut, and salt.
- Mix well.
- In another bowl, add eggs and beat until blended.
- Spray non-stick coconut oil in a baking dish.
- Take a chicken tender, dip into egg mixture.
- Make sure both sides are coated and put into coconut mixture.
- Press coconut topping into both sides.
- Remove the chicken tender and place into a baking dish.
- Repeat for all of the chicken tenders.
- Bake 15-20 minutes (depending on size of chicken tenders.
- Add honey and mustard to a bowl.
- Stir well and chill until chicken is finished.
- Serve Warm
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 197 Saturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 78mg Sodium: 287mg Carbohydrates: 14g Sugar: 9g Protein: 14g
Round out the meal with this recipe idea: