Why serve ice cream in a regular bowl when you can serve it in an edible gluten free cookie bowl? These cookie bowls hold lots of cold ice cream, so what isn’t to love?
My kids are really good about sticking to a gluten free diet. They never cheat. Ever.
I often wondered if they missed ice cream cones and other edible bowls that we see other kids eat. We were shopping at Michael’s for school project supplies this past week. In our Michael’s, we have to walk by the cake supplies section to get to the clay and other arts and crafts. My daughter noticed a tin to make cookie bowls…so I couldn’t resist buying it.
If you are looking for ice cream ideas to fill your delicious gluten free cookie bowls, try some of these frozen treats.
(This is what the cookie tin looked like. It is made by Wilton.) I decided to buy this and we gave it a try the very next day.
We made a cookie dough a little stiffer than usual so it would be easier to mold around the bowl-shaped humps.
It was messy pressing the cookie dough around the humps. (**In hindsight, I would have made the bottoms flat so they rested flatter on the plate.)
My cookie bowls may not win any awards for beauty or symmetry, but my kids loved them with their favorite ice cream, mint chip. We will definitely use this tin a lot this summer.
Click here to see all of the cookie recipes on my site.
(**Please note there are affiliate links in this post. Making a purchase from an affiliate link will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the costs of running this blog. I truly appreciate your support!)
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
How to make gluten free edible cookie bowls:
- 1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill 1 for 1 Gluten Free Flour, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted (you can sub coconut oil for butter if you need dairy free.)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- In a medium bowl, add all wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Use a large spoon or cookie scoop to put dough onto tin.
- Using your fingers, press dough down sides until the upside down cup is covered with cookie dough.
- Press base flat so bowl will stand easily on the plate.
- Make sure there are no exposed areas or the ice cream can melt and drip out.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Fill with your favorite flavor of ice cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 297 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 51mg Sodium: 258mg Carbohydrates: 34g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 16g Protein: 7g
More Yummy Gluten Free Cookie Recipes To Try
Try making these cookie bowls with this Gluten Free Oatmeal and Coconut Cookies dough.