These gluten free ice cream sandwiches have crispy chocolate cookies, making them the perfect treat all year long. Add your favorite flavor of ice cream, and these ice cream sandwiches are perfect.
If you are a cookie fanatic, you will want to check out all of my delicious homemade gluten free cookie recipes!
Are you ready for summer?
School is finally over and I feel like our kids can be kids again. That may sound weird, but once your kids get to high school, there is so much pressure put onto them. Hours of homework, honors and AP classes, and volunteer activities. I don’t even want to think about when it is time to study for SATs.
Luckily, one of the perks of summer is the kids can help in the kitchen more. They love helping me bake, though I suspect is more so that they can eat handfuls of chocolate chips when they think I am not looking :-). Here is a fun video that shows you how to make these gluten free chocolate cookies for yourself.
These chocolate cookies are just slightly crispy, and they hold their shape really well for ice cream sandwiches. You can add your favorite ice cream, sorbet, or dairy-free ice cream, and they will be perfect every time. We also like to double the recipe and freeze the extras in plastic wrap. Anything goes with this easy gluten-free chocolate cookie recipe!
Dairy-Free Ice Cream For Ice Cream Sandwiches
If you need these to be dairy free, try coconut, almond, sorbet, or any other dairy-free frozen treat. There are so many options these days. So Delicious is also certified gluten-free so you know it is safe. My kids even like these with strawberry sorbet.
The cookies in this recipe are so easy to make. First, melt the dairy-free chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe dish.
You can use this easy Dairy-Free Coconut Ice Cream recipe to make a delicious filling for these cookies.
In a large bowl, add dry ingredients. Pour wet ingredients in and mix to blend.
Mix the wet and dry ingredients together thoroughly.
Add your very favorite flavor of ice cream, then top with another cookie. It is that easy!!
If you are looking for another fun ice cream treat to serve the kids, you will love these Vegan Unicorn Pudding Pops by Flippin’ Delicious.
Things You Need to Make This Recipe:
- 8 ounces chocolate chips, I used dairy free chocolate chips by Enjoy Life
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2/3 cup gluten free flour blend, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips, to go inside cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a microwave safe baking dish, melt 8 ounces chocolate with the coconut oil.
- Heat for 15 seconds, stir, repeat several more times until the chocolate is melted.
- Do this part slowly so the chocolate doesn't burn.
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- In a small bowl, add all wet ingredients and melted chocolate.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Spray coconut oil on a baking sheet.
- Drop cookie dough in small amounts onto the baking sheet.
- (They spread a lot so you don't have to use a lot of batter.)
- Bake 8 minutes until done.
- Remove and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- Add So Delicious to make sandwiches.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 426 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 14g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 47mg Sodium: 102mg Carbohydrates: 59g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 45g Protein: 5g
More Delicious Gluten Free Dessert Recipes to Try!