Did you miss my 7 layer bars?
I have had a lot of requests for a dairy free version of my 7 layer bar recipes.
Rising to the challenge, I decided to give this a try by condensing coconut milk into a thick sauce. The result is a little more coco-nutty than my other 7 layer bar recipes, but judging by how fast these disappeared in my house, they taste really good.
(To make this recipe completely dairy free, you will need to use a dairy free chip to substitute for the M&Ms.)
I used Wilton’s red sugar crystal sprinkles to make a pink hue to the crust, this can easily be omitted if you prefer a regular colored crust.
To make the condensed coconut milk, take a can of light coconut milk and pour it into a large sauce pan. Slowly simmer it on very low heat. (Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t boil over the top.) Cook until amount is reduced by almost half. Remove from the heat.
- 2/3 cup cashew or almond meal
- 2/3 cup gluten free graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Wilton's red sugar crystal sprinkles
- 1 cup condensed coconut milk see instructions above
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips use dairy free if needed
- 1/3 cup red M&Ms substitute dairy free chip if needed
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- In an 8x8 baking dish, spray sides with coconut oil.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add graham cracker crumbs, almond or cashew meal, sprinkles, and coconut oil.
- Mix well and pour into baking dish. Spread along the bottom and press to firm into a crust.
- Add white chocolate chips.
- Pour condensed coconut milk evenly over the top.
- Add coconut, m&ms, and walnuts.
- Press ingredients down.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until done.
Want more 7 layer bars?
Shared with Gluten Free Wednesdays