It is time to get a little crazy with me. How often do you wish you could have dessert for breakfast? Well, with this fun Gluten Free French Toast Cheesecake, you can enjoy that breakfast dessert anytime!
Creamy delicious gluten free cheesecake and a delicious French toast crust. Top your breakfast with a maple syrup drizzle and fresh berries!
(*This post was sponsored by Franz Gluten Free. Their gluten free bread and bagels are made in a dedicated gluten free bakery. All opinions are my own.)
The first thing you are going to ask me is is it okay to eat dessert for breakfast. I am a pretty healthy person, but every now and then it is easy to have dessert for breakfast. Many breakfast recipes I make taste like dessert, just check out this delicious Gluten Free Stuffed French Toast recipe I created.
I have to say the star of this recipe is the gluten free cheesecake crust. I used a delicious gluten free bread by Franz Bakery. Their Mountain White bread is light and fluffy and absorbs the French toast egg mixture beautifully. You can also use their Cinnamon Raisin Bread for this recipe.
- Seven Grain
- Cinnamon Raisin
- Whole Seed
- (and I hear a blueberry is on the horizon!!)
Franz also makes gluten free hamburger and hot dog buns. Bonus, you do not have to store Franz breads in the freezer, which is really cool and keeps their breads super soft. Franz uses MAP (modified atmosphere packaging) to remove the oxygen from the packaging. This prevents mold and allows the bread to be shelf stable. If you love bagels, you won't find any better!
Their gluten free breads are soy-free, dairy-free, and nut-free. Order 4 or more bags of bread and shipping is free!
You are going to love how easy this cheesecake is to make. The creamy maple sour cream layer on top adds another layer of flavor in this delicious breakfast for dessert cheesecake recipe!!
Let's start with the delicious Gluten Free French Toast Crust. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Grab your Franz Mountain White Bread, your springform pan, and the egg mixture. Spread coconut oil on the inside of the springform pan to prevent sticking.
Take a slice of Franz Gluten Free Bread and add it to a bowl of egg mixture. Wait 20 seconds then flip the bread over to soak the other side.
Sprinkle the bread with cinnamon.
Spread the French toast all across the bottom of the greased springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool while you prepare the cheesecake mixture.
Add heavy cream, eggs, sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla paste to a standing mixer. Mix on low until the mixture is mixed together.
Increase the speed and continue to whip the mixture so it gets nice and fluffy.
Add the cheesecake batter on top of the French toast crust.
To prevent your cheesecake top from cracking, I like to use a water bath when baking my cheesecake. Wrap the bottom of the springform pan in aluminum foil. This will prevent the water from soaking through the bottom. Place the springform pan into a larger pan and fill the pan 2 inches high with water.
Bake at 325 degrees for 60 minutes.
Make the sour cream layer:
Whisk together sour cream and maple syrup in a bowl then spread on top of the cheesecake and bake an additional 5 minutes. When 5 minutes is up, turn off the oven and open the door a bit. Allow the cheesecake to cool for 30 minutes in the oven (this will allow it to slowly cool).
Remove from the oven and cover with plastic wrap and move to a refrigerator to cool for 3 hours. Enjoy this cheesecake as dessert for breakfast or after dinner!
- Maple syrup drizzle
More delicious recipes with Franz Gluten Free Bread:
- Grilled Brie Cheese Sandwiches
- Gluten Free Eggnog Bread Pudding
- Roasted Acorn Squash Soup with Homemade Croutons
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please leave me a rating and a comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest to see even more delicious recipes!
Gluten Free French Toast Cheesecake
- For the Crust:
- 6 slices of gluten free bread
- 3 eggs
- Cinnamon for dusting
- For the Cheesecake:
- 24 ounces cream cheese 3 pack softened to room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- For the Sour Cream Topping:
- 1 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees and coat a springform pan in coconut oil
- Break 3 eggs into a bowl and whisk.
- Soak each slice of bread in the egg mixture.
- Place the French toast into the springform pan. Cut bread as needed to completely cover the bottom of the springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn the temperature of the oven down to 325F degrees.
- Add the cheesecake ingredients to a standing mixer and mix on low. Once the mixture is mixed well, increase the speed to medium and whip until creamy/
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the French toast crust.
- Wrap the bottom of the springform pan in aluminum foil. Place in a larger baking dish and fill with 2 inches of water. (make sure the foil is high enough so no water can get in.)
- Bake the cheesecake for 50-60 minutes until set. Remove from the oven.
- In a bowl, whisk the sour cream layer together and pour on top of the cheesecake. Bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and crack open the oven door, allow the cheesecake to slowly cool for 30 minutes.
- Cool in the refrigerator for 3 hours. Serve with fresh berries and a maple syrup drizzle.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)