Do you love a little citrus flavor in your chocolate? You are going to LOVE these easy gluten free chocolate orange brownies. These brownies have the perfect blend of citrus and chocolate flavors.
If you are a chocoholic like me, you will want to check out some of these Gluten Free Chocolate Desserts!
I can’t resist when I see those orange zest dark chocolate bars at the store.
Why can’t I have that same flavor at home?
It was time to remedy this for myself. Brownies have been on my mind lately, so I created a moist and delicious chocolaty brownie and added some kumquats for the citrus flavors.
Have you tried kumquats?
They are these sweet-tart little tiny oranges. These are the only oranges where you actually eat the skin! The seeds are usually also eaten, but for this recipe, it is best to remove them. Many of the tiny kumquats don’t have seeds, if they do, it is typical for there only to be one or two.
Chop up some kumquats, their citrus sweet tart aromas will fill your kitchen.
I used 1/3 cup of chopped kumquats (with the rind.)
- brown sugar
- cocoa powder
- gluten free flour blend, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn’t, you will need this too.)
(*Don’t forget to remove the seeds.)
How to make gluten free chocolate orange brownies:
Add all of the dry ingredients to a bowl and add in the wet ingredients. Mix and then add the chopped kumquat.
Mix well. You can see little bits of the kumquat in this batter.
These gluten free brownies bake up with a nice crust on top of the moist brownies. Allow these to cool before cutting them. (You can tell from my pictures that I was a bit impatient :-)).
More Delicious Brownie Recipes to Try:
- Flourless Chocolate Brownies
- Chewy Gluten Free Brownies
- Keto Brownie Recipe
- Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie Cake!
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- 1/3 cup kumquat, chopped, seeds removed
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 ounces butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour blend, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray coconut oil in a small baking dish.
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Mix gently and then add chopped kumquats.
- Add to baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until done.
- Allow to cool before cutting.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 331 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 87mg Sodium: 239mg Carbohydrates: 39g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 21g Protein: 5g
More Delicious Brownie Ideas to Try!