This delicious Gluten Free Gingerbread French Toast Casserole recipe is a festive breakfast that will leave your guests begging for more.
Here is another recipe using up those gluten free bread crusts and ends that my kids won’t eat :-).
Do your kids refuse to eat these too? It isn’t just picky kids…my kids are teenagers and I am eagerly waiting for them to stop the pickiness!
For this breakfast recipe, we opted for something seasonal. Who can resist gingerbread? Mr. Fearless Dining said he would eat gingerbread year round if I would make it. He confessed that he has a weakness for bread puddings and French toast casseroles. Luckily, I gather enough ends and crusts to be able to make one of these for him every couple of months.
This gluten free French toast casserole recipe is one of those super easy recipes to make.
Literally, all you have to do is cube your bread, add all of the liquid ingredients and spices. Mix to coat all of the bread pieces. Let sit 10 minutes so all of the gingerbread flavors can soak in. Bake. Pour on maple syrup. Eat.
(And please don’t notice that I am photographing a partially eaten casserole. My family was starving when I was making this, so I cheated and let them eat some before I took pictures.)
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- This baking pan is the perfect size to make this breakfast casserole.
- This coconut sugar adds just the right amount of sweetness.
More Yummy Breakfast Recipe Ideas To Try!
- 6 cups bread chunks
- 1 14 ounce can full fat coconut milk
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop up the bread chunks and put into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, add all wet ingredients and spices and whisk to blend.
- Pour liquid onto the bread cubes and mix well.
- Allow bread to absorb liquid for 10 minutes.
- Spray coconut oil in a casserole dish and pour in bread mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes until done. Serve warm with maple syrup
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 156 Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 122mg Sodium: 213mg Carbohydrates: 23g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 11g Protein: 6g