Get ready for grilled cheese in a whole new way! This grilled brie cheese sandwich has lots of bacon and homemade cinnamon apples. If you love gluten free grilled cheese, this is the sandwich for you!!
I took all of my very favorite things: Franz Gluten Free Bread, brie, bacon, and cinnamon apples and combined them into a special gluten free sandwich to celebrate National Gluten Free Day!
(*This post is sponsored by Franz Gluten Free Bakery. All opinions and ravings are my own.)
I can't wait to share "my favorite things" sandwich with you!! Do you have foods you just can't resist? For me, it is bacon, brie, and cinnamon apples. (I have tons of cinnamon apple recipes on the blog!!)
It is a new year, and this is the year we are falling in love with all of the creative things you can do with gluten free bread. Making grilled cheese is one of our favorite ways to enjoy gluten free bread...but there are so many ways to use it!
Here are some fun ways to use gluten free bread to celebrate National Gluten Free Day, every recipe featuring Franz Gluten Free Breads:
- Gluten Free Eggnog Bread Pudding
- Roasted Acorn Squash Soup with Homemade Gluten Free Croutons
- Gluten Free Vanilla Ricotta and Strawberry Stuffed French Toast
Franz Bakery makes an incredible gluten free seven-grain bread that has become one of our favorites! It is full of healthy grains like brown rice, millet, teff, quinoa, amaranth, and sorghum.
Even better? It is refined sugar-free!! Just check out the seeds on the crust of the bread!! This bread is the perfect vessel for my "favorite foods" grilled cheese sandwich recipe!!
Shelf Stable Packaging
Franz recently updated their gluten free packaging. You will love the special way they package their bread. The loaf is sealed in special shelf-stable packaging, so you can buy this bread and store it in the pantry until you are ready to use it in recipes like this grilled brie sandwich!
And if you love bagels, Franz Gluten Free Bakery makes the best gluten free bagels anywhere!! They are chewy like real bagels!
The first step is to take Franz Gluten Free Seven Grain Bread and butter one side of 6 pieces of bread. You can use butter or ghee for this.
Cook your favorite bacon and set aside on a paper towel to remove the extra grease.
Let's make homemade cinnamon apples!
Slice your favorite type of apple. I used a combination of Granny Smith Apples and Fuji.
Add 1 tablespoon butter to a pan over medium-low heat. Add 1 ½ cups sliced apple (about 2 large apples) and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Saute until the apples are soft.
Heat a pan on medium-low heat. Add the Franz gluten free bread butter side down. Add a layer of brie cheese.
Add a bacon layer, then a cinnamon apple layer. Cover with another piece of gluten free bread, butter side up so that when you flip it over, the buttery side will be against the pan.
Serve with your favorite chips!!
Gluten Free Grilled Cheese with Brie, Apples, and Bacon
- 6 slices gluten free bread
- 6 ounces brie cheese
- 2 large apples
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 slices bacon
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter for the bread
- Cook bacon according to package directions. Move bacon to a paper towel to absorb the extra grease.
- In a pan, add apple slices, 1 tablespoon butter, sugar, and cinnamon. Cook for 5 minutes until the apples are soft
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium low heat. Add three slices of bread, butter side down.
- Add brie, bacon, and apples. Top with another slice of bread, butter side up so that when you flip the grilled cheese sandwich, the butter side will be on the pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes each side until done.