When you bite into this mouthwatering gluten free Instant Pot Taco Pasta, you will be hooked! This quick and easy dinner is super even faster when made in your Instant Pot. If you don't have an Instant Pot, no worries, I include stovetop directions too.
Perfect al dente gluten free pasta, black beans with tomato, diced green chiles, onion, cheese, and taco seasoning go beautifully together. The ingredients combine into a delicious flavor explosion.
If you love easy dinner recipes, you will want to check out all of my family-friendly gluten free dinner recipes.
My son came to me with this idea that we should start making casserole-style dinners that make lots of leftovers. Teens eat a lot and leftovers make it so easy to get a meal really quickly. If you love leftovers too, try making this Mexican Lasagna recipe.
I was immediately on board because of several reasons. For one, it means less work for me. Also, we can feel great about implementing this idea because the kids are eating HEALTHY foods instead of snacking.
What I love about this dish is how easy it is to make and that it seriously tastes like million bucks! Every bite is scrumptious and leaves you wanting the next one. Plus, it’s a taco, so that tells you right there it has to be amazing!
If you love this gluten free taco pasta recipe, you should see some of these other delicious gluten free Instant Pot recipes:
- This Instant Pot Chicken Stew is a hearty delicious meal that uses up the veggies you have on-hand.
- The whole family loves this Instant Pot Vegetable Soup recipe.
- My Grandma's recipe converted easily to cooking in an Instant Pot. This Instant Pot Cabbage Rolls recipe is a deconstructed version.
- If you love the ease of one pot meals, you will want to try this One Pot Italian Pasta too!
For this recipe, I used my 8 quart Instant Pot. I use the larger size because it helps me make a lot of food so that we have leftovers. If you have a smaller family, or picky eaters who don't like leftovers, you can easily use a smaller one.
Here is a picture of the ingredients I used except the small can of roasted green chiles. Note this is not an endorsement of any brand, I am just showing what I used.
Step 1: Add oil, ground meat, onion, and pepper to the Instant Pot. Cook on Sauté for 8 minutes until the meat is browned.
Step 2: Add the taco seasoning, beans, diced tomatoes. Mix well.
Step 3: Pour in the chicken broth and add the pasta. Stir so that all of the pasta is submerged in the broth.
Step 4: Close and lock the Instant Pot. Cook on manual for 6 minutes. It will take about 8 minutes for the Instant Pot to pressurize before it cooks. When it is done cooking, allow the steam to vent out the nozzle. Open when the steam is done venting out.
Step 5: Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese and mix well. Serve in bowls and garnish with sour cream and cilantro.
To make this recipe stovetop: In a large pot, add your ground beef, onion, pepper, and light oil and cook 5-8 minutes until the meat is browned. Add the broth, diced tomatoes, and taco seasoning and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and black beans and cook 8-10 minutes until the pasta is done cooking. Every brand of pasta has different cook times so check the box directions.
I think the thicker rice pasta like Jovial and Tinkyada work best in the Instant Pot.
The best way to keep the pasta al dente is to cook the pasta for a short amount of time.
This taco pasta will keep in the refrigerator up to 4 days. Store in an air-tight container.
You can freeze it, but you probably shouldn't because freezing the gluten free pasta will make it turn to mush when you reheat it. The texture of this recipe will be very different when thawed out.
The best way to reheat this dish is to use a microwave safe container. Make sure to put a paper towel over it while it heat so it doesn't explode in the microwave.
If you are new to gluten free, you might want to check out my guide: How To Eat Gluten Free and My Best Gluten Free Diet Tips.
If you are craving Mexican inspired food, then this is the list you have been waiting for. While these have meat in them, they are a fantastic source of protein and flavor.
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please leave me a rating and a comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest to see even more delicious recipes!
Gluten Free Instant Pot Taco Pasta
- 1 pound ground beef *see note
- 4 cups gluten free pasta I like Jovial or Tinkyada brand best
- 1/3 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper chopped
- 14 ounce can black beans rinsed
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons diced canned green chiles
- 1 tablespoon light oil
- 32 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- optional sour cream and fresh cilantro
- Step 1: Add oil, ground meat, onion, and pepper to the Instant Pot. Cook on Sauté for 8 minutes until the meat is browned.
- Step 2: Add the taco seasoning, beans, diced tomatoes. Mix well.
- Step 3: Pour in the chicken broth and add the pasta. Stir so that all of the pasta is submerged in the broth.
- Step 4: Close and lock the Instant Pot. Cook on manual for 6 minutes. It will take about 8 minutes for the Instant Pot to pressurize before it cooks. When it is done cooking, allow the steam to vent out the nozzle. Open when the steam is done venting out.
- Step 5: Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese and mix well. Serve in bowls and garnish with sour cream and cilantro.
!To cook stovetop:
- Step 1: Brown the meat, onion, pepper, and oil in a pot for 5 minutes until cooked.
- Step 2: Add the broth, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, and green chiles and bring to a boil.
- Step 3: Add the pasta and beans. Stir and cook for 8-10 minutes until your pasta is done. (Note different brands of pasta take different times to cook so please check the box instructions.)
- Step 4: Stir in the cheese.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)