Wait until you try these gluten free lemon cookie nests are a delicious treat to make for your Easter celebration. Fill them with your favorite gluten free Easter candy!!
Lemons are my favorite fruits to use to flavor desserts. If you love lemons too, you will want to try some of my best gluten free lemon desserts!!
How do you like to celebrate Easter? Do you have a family gathering?
We are very low key. I honestly think my kids’ favorite thing about Easter is the candy. They are past getting excited about egg hunts but give them a chocolate bunny or peeps, and they are so happy. (As long as I don’t bite off their chocolate bunny’s ears!)
Okay, don’t laugh. I really do think the chocolate bunny ears taste the best. My kids have learned over the years to hide their chocolate bunnies from me.”
This year we decided to make a dessert that would look pretty on a dessert buffet. What could be more fun than a sugary sweet peep in its own little nest? You can also include these awesome gluten free cupcakes on that dessert buffet :-).
You will love these gluten free lemon cookie nests.
These gluten free lemon cookie nests are full of fresh lemon.
Our lemon tree is still producing lemons at a record rate, and I knew the tart acidic lemon flavor would carry through and balance out the sugar in these cookies.
How to make gluten free lemon cookies:
These cookie nests are really easy to make. If you don’t have a shaped baking tin, just use a regular muffin tin. Mix up your wet ingredients in a mixer. Slowly add in the dry ingredients.
Press the dough into the cups.
Add the frosting around the edge of the cookie basket. Also, add a little to the inside of the basket. Fill with unsweetened shredded coconut.
Add a peep and some jelly beans to the cookie nest.
Here is another delicious Easter treat. These 5 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs from Beaming Baker.
- 1 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Zest from one lemon
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- Jelly beans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer, add all wet ingredients (including zest) and mix on low speed until blended.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients, starting with the almond flour.
- Turn the speed up to medium after the dry ingredients are blended in and mix for one more minute.
- Spray coconut oil in a muffin tin or cookie bowl tin.
- Fill each cup 1/3 with batter.
- With wet fingers, push the dough up the sides to make the nest.
- Repeat with each cup.
- Bake for 10 minutes until done.
- Remove from the oven and put each cookie nest on a cooling rack to cool.
- Use squeeze frosting to line the edge and the middle of each nest.
- Fill each nest with 1 tablespoon shredded coconut.
- Add a peep and jelly beans.
- Enjoy 🙂
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 549 Total Fat: 28g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 71mg Sodium: 221mg Carbohydrates: 68g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 29g Protein: 10g