These monster-sized gluten free M&M cookies are so big, one big m and m cookie will fill you up! I include a dairy-free version as well so if you love M&Ms these gluten free cookies are for you.
Moms, you will love these cookies also include almond flour so there is a little protein to balance out the sugars!!
One bite is all it takes to get hooked on these giant cookies. If you have vanilla ice cream, make ice cream sandwiches!! And as always, if you are new to gluten free living, here is a great article on Gluten Free Living. It includes tons of tips and tricks!
Every treat tastes better when it is super-sized. Big portions are all the rage in our house right now. Why eat two little cookies when you can have one gigantic cookie?
Bonus, you won't have to worry about the sugar as much. These cookies are full of high protein almond flour to balance out the sugar :-). More yummy cookies with almond flour to add protein to try: Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies and these Grain-Free Almond Linzer Cookies.
Why you need to try this recipe:
M&Ms are one of the staple gluten free candies we allow our kids to have. They not only taste great but when they are baked into cookies, magic happens! I offer lots of fun ways to vary this recipe, and if you make them giant, they make great cookies for ice cream sandwiches!
I hope you love this gluten free M&M cookie recipe as much as my family did. The cookie dough is really easy to make, if you don't have M&Ms, you can use this batter to make gluten free chocolate chip cookies instead.
These also are perfect for a cookie exchange party, or any fun occasion. Here are even more delicious gluten free cookie recipes to try!
Gluten free M&M cookies ingredient notes:
- Gluten free flour blend - I tested this recipe with several gluten free flour blends. If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain xanthan gum or guar gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- Almond flour - I highly suggest using almond flour and not almond meal. Almond meal is more coarse and will make your ____ grainy.
- Butter - To make this recipe dairy-free, use a dairy-free vegan butter.
If you don't want to use M&Ms, there are so many other things you can add to this gluten free m and m cookie recipe! Customizing your cookies means you get your perfect cookies every time! Here are some ideas for mix-ins:
- Heath Bar Candy Bits for caramel goodness!
- Walnuts, pecans, or other nuts
- Chocolate chips (or white chocolate chips)
- Dried fruits like cranberries or tart cherries
Are you ready to make these yummy cookies?
Recipe step by step directions:
Step 1: Add your dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk to blend. Preheat your oven to 350º F.
Step 2: In a smaller bowl, add your wet ingredients and mix.
Step 3: Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
Step 4: Mix in the M&Ms, or any mix-ins you like into the cookie dough.
M&Ms come in so many great colors, especially around the holidays so have fun! These gluten free m and m cookie bars use pastel-colored M&Ms.
Step 5: Use a cookie scoop to drop your cookie balls onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Use any size cookie scoop. To make your cookies extra-large, use an ice cream scoop.
Step 6: Bake your cookies for 10-12 minutes until done. (Time depends on how large your cookies are.)
Expert Tips and Recipe FAQ:
Making really big cookies is easy if you have a big cookie scoop. You can use a big ice cream scoop as well so your cookies are all uniformly sized.
Yes, you can freeze these gluten free M&M cookies. To freeze them, make sure they are fully cooled and put them into a ziplock freezer bag. These cookies will keep for up to 3 months in the freezer if they last that long with your family :-).
This recipe is really easy to make dairy-free. To make this recipe dairy-free, substitute the butter for vegan butter.
You can easily make this recipe into cookie bars by baking in an 8x8 baking pan.
These cookies will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
More delicious gluten free cookie recipes:
- A giant cookie scoop. I actually use an ice cream scoop for this cookie recipe because it makes sure your dough balls are BIG!
- Non-stick cookie sheets, or using parchment paper will keep your cookies from sticking.
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please leave me a rating and a comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest to see even more delicious recipes!
Gluten Free Monster M&M Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- In a large bowl, add dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- In a smaller bowl, add wet ingredients and whisk to blend.
- Add chocolate chips to the dry ingredients, then pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Use an ice cream scoop to drop large round dough balls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes until done.
- Remove cookies from cooking sheet onto a cooling rack.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF and Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain xanthan gum or guar gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- I highly suggest using almond flour and not almond meal. Almond meal is more coarse and will make your cookies grainy.
- To make this recipe dairy-free, substitute the butter for vegan butter.
- Feel free to use any mix-in like chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or raisins.
- These cookies will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)
(*This recipe was updated from an older 4/2016 post.)