Sometimes I need a coffee break with some flaky, buttery gluten free pear scones.
I don’t know about you, but I have become a scone addict lately. They are perfect with my morning coffee!
Pear and Gorgonzola Flavors
Pears and gorgonzola are a flavor combination that must have been made in heaven.
I am not the only one who gravitates towards this pairing…I have seen pear and gorgonzola salads on restaurant menus for years. I always order this salad if I see it on the menu because it is one of my favorites.
Do you have a favorite flavor combination that has never let you down? If you do, go ahead and use those flavors in an unexpected way. It may surprise you how good it can be :-).
These scones will not disappoint. Even my kids liked this pear scone recipe, and they don’t like gorgonzola cheese!
How to make this gluten free pear scone recipe:
With a pastry blender, cut the cold butter into the dry ingredients.
Add the pears and the rest of the wet ingredients.
Shape the raw dough on parchment paper and make cuts in the dough.
After baking, you can cut along the cut lines you made in the dough.
Click here to see all of the scone recipes on this blog.
More Delicious Gluten Free Scone Recipes To Try:
- Gluten Free Maple Glazed Bacon Scones
- Gluten Free Strawberry Scones
- Gluten Free Sweet Potato Scones
- Gluten Free Coconut Pecan Date Scones
(*Please note there are affiliate links from Amazon in the recipe. If you order a product through Amazon, it will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support. Thank you!)
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour, *I love Authentic Foods flour blend because it is milled super fine.
- 3/4 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pears, chopped
- 1 stick butter, cold
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup gorgonzola cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- Add cold butter in small chunks.
- With a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour until it looks grainy.
- Add wet ingredients, pears and cheese.
- Mix well.
- Put a piece of parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
- Put the dough on top of the parchment paper and shape to a round circle about 2 inches tall.
- With a knife, cut the dough into slices. (As shown in the photo above)
- Do not separate the dough slices.
- Bake for 25 minutes until done.
- Scones should look slightly golden.
- Cut along the lines you previously cut and allow to cool.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 159 Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 44mg Sodium: 253mg Carbohydrates: 29g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 5g Protein: 4g
If you want to try other gluten free scone recipes, try these Fontina and Herb Scones.