I am in the mood for pumpkin…gluten free seven layer bars to be exact 🙂
I haven’t made a seven layer bar since going gluten free. Now I can have my childhood favorite with pumpkin!
When I was young, this was a special treat for me. If there was a bake sale, a seven layer bar was the first thing I would buy. I think it was the gooey coconut layer that was my favorite. I would pick the coconut strands out and eat them one by one with other toppings stuck on them.
Since it is fall, I decided to update my favorite magic bars. I added gluten free gingersnaps and pumpkin to the crust layers, making it a perfect holiday layered dessert.
My easy pumpkin bars recipe will leave you wanting to make another batch because these will disappear quickly.
The first step is a mixture of graham crackers, gingersnaps, and almond meal.
Next is the gooey pumpkin and coconut sugar layer.
My favorite coconut layer is next :-).
Condensed milk sets the ingredients together.
The final layers are the chips and nuts. Now it is ready to bake.
(*Please note, these magic bars are gooey and that is okay. Once they cool to room temperature, make sure you put them into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.)
Tools I used to Make This Recipe:
(*Please note there are affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase from a link, it will not affect the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
These delicious gluten free pumpkin 7 layer bars are an easy treat.
- 6 Schar Cookie Honeygrams should be 1/2 cup total
- 10 gluten free ginger snaps should be 1/2 cup total
- 1 cup almond flour
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 8 ounces condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put cookies in a zip top bag. Let the air out and seal the top.
- Take a rolling pin and crush the cookies into crumbs.
- Pour crumbs into a small bowl.
- Add almond flour.
- Mix well.
- In a microwave safe dish, melt butter in the microwave.
- Remove from the microwave and pour into crumbs.
- Mix well.
- Spray a 9x9 pan with coconut oil.
- Pour in crust and press to flatten.
- In a small bowl, add pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and coconut sugar.
- Pour this on top of the crust.
- Next, sprinkle on the shredded coconut.
- Pour the condensed milk on top to coat the coconut.
- Lastly, sprinkle the chocolate chips and nuts on top.
Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Want more pumpkin?? Try these Gluten Free Pumpkin Donuts!
More Yummy Pumpkin Ideas to Try!