This giant gluten free pumpkin cookie is a delicious fun treat. This pumpkin cookie recipe bakes in a cast iron skillet and is perfect for snacking!
Fall is almost here and I have been missing pumpkin recipes. Do you ever wonder why pumpkin recipes aren’t really made year round?
It is time to break out all of your kitchen supplies and get ready to have some fun. Tonight we are starting dinner with dessert first. All you need is a cast iron skillet to make this easy gluten free dessert cookie in.
The kids are staring at me waiting for me to finish this post so they can each grab a slice of this gluten free pumpkin cookie. They haven’t had pumpkin anything in quite a while and I think I am testing their patience!
The star ingredient of this cookie is the pumpkin. I like to use an organic brand because of its creamy texture, but other brands work just as well. I would not use a baked pumpkin in this recipe because the pulp is very thick, which would make your cookie very dense.
This recipe also has plenty of pumpkin spice, which makes the best pumpkin spice cookies! These pumpkin cookies are soft, and they do not get crispy because the fresh pumpkin keeps them so moist.
How about this giant pumpkin skillet cookie? Pumpkin just screams autumn to me and I knew it would be the perfect base for my cookie in a cast iron skillet recipe. You can decorate this cookie any way you like.
How to top your skillet cookie:
Top with icing, caramel, ice cream, or all of the above! I really love making recipes in my cast iron skillet. I can mix everything up, pour it into the skillet, and put the skillet right in the oven to bake.
I considered making a graveyard scene on top of this cookie, but my kids are not waiting around for me to get fancy today. If you make and decorate your gluten free pumpkin cookie, send me a picture and I will include it in this post!
Don’t you want to just grab a fork?
More Delicious Gluten Free Pumpkin Recipes To Try:
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Tools You Need To Make This Recipe:
- Cast Iron Skillet. I love my skillet because it is not only easy to use but clean up is a breeze!
- Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 GF Flour Blend. This flour already has the xanthan gum mixed in and is so easy to substitute to make baked treats gluten free!
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat cast iron skillet with butter.
- In a large bowl, mix in all dry ingredients.
- Whisk to blend.
- Make a well in the middle.
- Put all wet ingredients into the well.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Pour batter into cast iron skillet.
- Bake for 10 minutes until done.
- Allow to cool and drizzle with icing, caramel, or even top with ice cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: g
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 297 Saturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 95mg Sodium: 161mg Carbohydrates: 33g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 18g Protein: 4g
More Yummy Gluten Free Recipes to Try!