Figs are in season in the Bay Area and what better way to celebrate their juicy sweetness than a gluten free fig tart! Juicy figs nestled in vanilla ricotta filling, and a no-bake gluten free crust.
This creamy fig tart is the best way to enjoy dessert without any cooking! If you love to make tarts, you will love all of these mouthwatering Gluten Free Tart recipes!
This year was not a good year for figs in our backyard. Our tiny little fig tree had 8 figs growing this year. Unfortunately, we managed to get only one because of the evil squirrels living in our backyard.
(*If you have any tips on how to keep squirrels from eating your fruit, please let me know!!)
Sadly, one lonely fig isn’t enough for this recipe so I had to buy a basket of fresh ripe figs in order to make these tarts. At least there are figs in our farmer’s market! We are so lucky to have such a great variety. You can find brown, green, and candy stripe figs. Check out how easy baking with figs can be with this easy gluten free Turkish Yogurt Fig Cake!
We love easy fridge tart recipes and this one is a healthy and delicious no-bake treat you can enjoy anytime!”
Has it been hot where you live?
It is brutally hot again in the Bay Area and our air conditioning is struggling to keep up. I work from home and it is HOT in our house. Hot to the point that I won’t turn on the oven (or even the toaster oven.) Every meal must be either uncooked or cooked outside on the grill so we don’t heat up the inside of our house anymore.
Raw Food No-Bake Tarts
Raw food recipes, pure and simple. This raw fig tart recipe makes the perfect dessert to make when it is just too hot to use your oven. The filling of this gluten free tart is ricotta cheese, which makes it creamy and nutritious.
An almond flour crust adds another punch of protein, making these tarts even healthy enough for breakfast!
This dessert is wheat-free and Celiac safe 🙂
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Almond or cashew meal
- Coconut flour
- Ricotta cheese
- Plain yogurt
- Raw honey
More Delicious No-Bake Recipes to Try:
- Caramel Chip Ice Cream
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Balls
- Gluten Free No-Bake Brownie Bites
- No-Bake Greek Yogurt Tarts
Things You Need To Make This No-Bake Fig Tart Recipe:
- Easy to use mini tart pans. The bottoms pop out so the tart is so easy to remove from the pan.
- Finely ground almond flour.
- For Crust:
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 cup cashew meal, or sub almond meal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3-4 tablespoons butter, melted (add 3 and mix. Add one more if needed)
- For Tart:
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup raw honey, to drizzle on top
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Toppings like fresh fruit and nuts
- (For the tart, you can make individual tarts, 6" tarts like I did, or a big tart cake.)
- In a large bowl, add crust ingredients and mix well.
- Dough should be crumbly, but stay together if pressed.
- (You don't want it too wet because the moisture from the filling is very wet and will go into the crust.)
- In a medium bowl, blend all wet tart ingredients with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Spray coconut oil into tart pans to prevent sticking.
- Take 1/4 cup crust mixture (if you are using the 6" tart pans, more or less depending on the size of tarts you make) and pour into tart pan.
- With the back of a spoon, press crust into all edges.
- Press bottom firm as well.
- Repeat for all tart pans.
- Pour filling into tart crust.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Top with fresh fruit, nuts, and drizzle with honey.
There are affiliate links in my posts. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 676 Total Fat: 43g Saturated Fat: 19g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 22g Cholesterol: 67mg Sodium: 482mg Carbohydrates: 52g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 29g Protein: 26g
More Yummy Fig Recipes to Try!
Round out the meal with these suggestions.