These Gluten Free Slivered Almond Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies have it all. They are moist, chewy, and they have a slight almond crunch that makes them irresistible.
Have you ever bought a bag of slivered almonds? What do you use them in? Our family loves to add these to oatmeal. I guess we don’t think outside the box that often. They also make a delicious addition to the crispy topping on a fruit crisp. They make these peanut butter chip cookies extra special.
Again, not so creative by themselves.
My daughter had the idea to add these almonds into our cookies. If you have been following for a little while, you know she is the anti-protein girl. My picky eater….it seems like most families get one of these kids :-).
If she wants almonds in her cookie, then I am going to risk being the overachiever. Not only is she getting slivered almonds, but I am going to toss in a ton of almond flour to really make these protein packed.
Add your dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix. Add your mix-ins.
Your gluten free cookie dough will be nice and creamy.
Drop onto parchment paper in ball shapes and bake.
Don’t forget to check out all of the delicious gluten free cookie recipes on my blog.
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- My favorite gluten free flour blend.
- Using a cookie scoop will make all of your cookies the same size.
- Almond flour to add protein.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- dash salt
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 1 cup slivered almonds, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer, add wet ingredients and blend on medium speed.
- Gradually add in dry ingredients, turning off power before adding ingredients.
- Mix on low speed.
- Add almonds and chips and mix in these by hand.
- Place a piece of parchment paper onto a cookie sheet.
- Drop cookie dough in small balls onto the paper.
- Bake 8 minutes until done.
- Remove and put cookies onto a cooling rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: g
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 125 Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 14mg Sodium: 35mg Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 9g Protein: 3g
Here are a few more cookies with almonds:
More Yummy Cookie Recipes to Try!