If you used to love Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies, don’t despair, there is a delicious gluten free thin mint cookie out there for you!! You get all of the same chocolate mint flavors of your favorite cookies in a bite-sized truffle!
I have found a copycat of my favorite Girl Scout cookies!!! I haven’t had a thin mint cookie in 8+ years. I didn’t even realize I missed them….until I did. When I saw this box of “Mint Slims” I quickly grabbed a couple of boxes.
Who can resist these gluten free chocolate mint cookies?
This is what the box looks like, just in case you want to try to find these for yourself :-). I found these cookies at my local Walmart. (*Note this post is an unsolicited plug, I am NOT being compensated in any way to mention this brand. I just think you all will love them.)
I knew I needed to do something special with these cookies. It isn’t every day I allow myself a treat like this. I was craving chocolate so I decided to use these as the base for truffles.
These truffles are so easy to make…and even better, they can be ready in under 15 minutes, or less. (You can also eat these in under 15 minutes so consider yourself warned. They are just that good!)
One of your bigger decisions will be what kind of sprinkles to top them with :-).
How To Make Gluten Free Mint Cookie Truffles:
Put the cookies into a bowl and smoosh them. (My kids loved this part, however, watch for them stealing chunks out of the bowl!) I then added almond flour to add a little protein to balance out the blast of sugar.
Add some hot fudge to the mix. (I used Trader Joe’s.)
Roll the dough into balls. This will be your middle part of the truffles. Dip these into the melted chocolate and set down on wax paper.
Add sprinkles and chill. (If you want them fast, put them in the freezer!)
I love these fancy star sprinkles!
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- Rubber bottom mixing bowls. These bowls don’t slide around when you are smooshing the cookies.
- My favorite melting dark chocolate!
- 1 box gluten free thin mint cookies
- 1/4 cup hot fudge, I used Trader Joe's
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- melting candy chocolate
- Crush cookies in a bowl with the back of a spoon.
- Add almond flour and mix.
- Pour in hot fudge and mix well.
- Shape into balls and put onto wax paper.
- Melt chocolate according to directions. I used a microwave and put it on 20 seconds at a time, stirring in between.
- With a fork, dip each ball in the chocolate.
- Sprinkle with your favorite sprinkles and put into the refrigerator to cool.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 29 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 17mg Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 2g Protein: 1g
My Favorite Cookies