If you are trying to stay grain free, here is a delicious grain free linzer cookie recipe for you to try. And a special bonus….these cookies are also egg free!
Who knew just four simple ingredients could make a deliciously sweetened cookie with jam in the middle.
My husband has decided to cut back on the number of grains he eats. To try to give him some encouragement, I created this grain-free linzer cookie for him :-).
Linzer cookies are made with a special cookie cutter. I have to say getting the top piece of dough out of my William Sonoma linzer cookie cutter was my biggest challenge. I will look at other brands of these cookie cutters for next time.
It is also possible that if I were using a gluten free flour to make these instead of just almond flour, butter, and coconut sugar, they would not have stuck so much.
Please let me know if you find some way to make this easier :-).
The dough should be soft and buttery. ***Note if you want these cookies to be more “pale” and pretty with the jam color, you can use regular sugar. Coconut sugar gave these a more natural “brownish” color.
Press the dough out on wax paper and shape it before using the rolling pin.
One good thing about this dough is that it is very forgiving. If a piece of dough tears, you can simply put it together and press gently to reseal the area.
You can fill these grain free linzer cookies with jam, Nutella, frosting, or anything you enjoy!
More Delicious Gluten Free Cookies to Try:
- Gluten Free Strawberry Linzer Cookies
- Gluten Free Nutella Stuffed Linzer Cookies
- Gluten Free Pfeffernusse Cookies
- Almond Flour Sugar Cookie
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- A good rolling pin to roll your dough flat. (This one is even dishwasher safe!)
- Almond flour that is finely ground.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup your favorite jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add almond flour and coconut sugar.
- Add melted butter.
- Stir until blended.
- Put dough onto a piece of waxed paper.
- Cover with another piece of waxed paper.
- Roll to between 1/2 inch and 1/4 inch.
- Use Linzer Cookie Cutter Set to cut out the top and bottom cookie shapes.
- Bake on a greased cookie sheet for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Place a teaspoon of jam on each cookie bottom. Spread over cookie and then add top.
- Optional: sprinkle powdered sugar on top of cookies.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 168 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 36mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 12g Protein: 3g