If you are looking for a deliciously easy vegetarian dinner recipe, this healthy Mediterranean Stuffed Spaghetti Squash recipe is a fun recipe to try!
Full of your favorite flavors, kalamata olive, garbanzo beans, and feta cheese!
This is a recipe for the grownups. My kids will occasionally eat squash, but it needs to be loaded with marinara and mozzarella cheese. I have learned not to feel guilty if I create a recipe with Mr. Fearless Dining’s tastes in mind.
We love Mediterranean flavors. Since we are starting this new year on our new healthy kick…why not combine our favorite flavors in a new way?
This spaghetti squash boat recipe is vegetarian and gluten free! If you would like for it to be vegan, skip the feta cheese.
You may recall an older recipe I have that is also a stuffed spaghetti squash. This Spaghetti Squash with Sundried Tomatoes and Pesto was a big hit.
Spaghetti squash is an easy squash to enjoy. This winter squash gets its name because its pulp scrapes out of the rind in spaghetti-like strings. When my kids were little, I could fool them that this was pasta. LOL, those were the days!
There are a few ways you can cook spaghetti squash, but we either oven roast or microwave ours, depending on how quickly we want to eat.
There are so many beautiful winter squash out there to try besides spaghetti squash…you may like some of these delicious gluten free winter squash recipes too. There are both sweet and savory recipes!
How to Cook Spaghetti Squash:
- If you want to roast spaghetti squash, slice the squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds. Brush the squash halves with oil and dust with salt. Roast for 45-50 minutes at 400 degrees.
- If time is short, you can easily microwave your spaghetti squash. Slice and de-seed the squash like I mention above. Place both halves open side down on a microwave-safe dish. Add 1 inch of water to the dish. Microwave for 10 minutes until the squash is soft.
Next is to stuff your favorite things into the squash, then bake (or heat) a little longer!
You can add as much feta cheese as you like to make this a super cheesy spaghetti squash! My kids like when I use mozzarella because the melted cheese is so stretchy.
Variations and Substitutions for this winter squash recipe:
- Instead of kalamata olives, you can use black olives.
- Switch up the cheese.
- Add lentils instead of garbanzo beans.
More Delicious Vegetarian Meal Ideas:
Are you ready to make this stuffed spaghetti squash recipe for yourself?
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- A sharp knife to cut through the spaghetti squash.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons pepperoncini
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice a spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds.
- Brush each half with olive oil and dust with salt.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove the squash from the oven
- Add olives, pepperoncini, garbanzo beans and feta.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 252 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 8mg Sodium: 349mg Carbohydrates: 28g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 9g Protein: 7g
More Delicious Recipes to Try!