Spring is the time for delicious healthy salads. This organic chicken salad with a light citrus vinaigrette is a wonderful salad that everyone will love.
Today is all about quick and easy recipes. Families are so busy, it is important to have a few healthy recipes in your family arsenal that can be ready in under 30 minutes.
This easy grilled chicken salad with a citrus vinaigrette dressing is sure to be popular.
(This post was sponsored by Foster Farms Organic Chicken. All delicious opinions are mine.)
I used Foster Farms Organic Chicken to make a delicious chicken salad with a family-pleasing citrus vinaigrette. The weather is warming up, and our family loves to eat salads when the weather is hot. Grilling the chicken instead of baking it prevents our house from heating up!
This salad is perfect for a light summer meal because Foster Farm’s organic chicken grills up so moist and tender. It is just the thing that makes this salad so satisfying.
Foster Farms Organic Chicken is California grown, free-range, organic vegetarian fed, American Humane Certified, Non-GMO Project Verified, and Certified Organic by the USDA.
You know you are getting the best quality when you buy Foster Farms Organic Chicken.
Ready to make this delicious salad? Here is a video we created in the Foster Farms kitchen to show you how quick and easy this salad is to prepare.
How to make grilled chicken salad
First step is to blanch the green beans. Blanching the green beans keeps their fresh flavor and crispness.
Next, grill the chicken. This organic chicken grills up so nicely.
Slice it up and allow it to cool slightly before topping the salad.
If you like a little spice, this Grilled Buffalo Chicken Salad from Veggie Balance or this Asian Chicken Salad with a Spicy Sriracha Dressing from Allergy Free Alaska look so good!
More Delicious Salad Recipes to Try:
How to make a grilled chicken salad:
- 2 Foster Farms Organic Chicken Breasts, grilled and sliced
- 2 organic pink lady apples, sliced
- 1 pound organic green beans
- 1 large head of organic butter leaf lettuce
- 1 lg pomegranate to get the seeds
- For Dressing
- Fresh squeezed Juice from 1 1/2 organic Lemon
- Fresh squeezed juice from 1 organic orange
- 1/4 teaspoon organic vanilla
- 1 clove organic garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh organic thyme
- dash ground black pepper
- Heat water in a small pot and bring to a boil.
- While water is heating up, fill a large bowl with ice water.
- When the water is boiling, drop in green beans and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove green beans from the hot water and put into ice water to blanch.
- In a salad bowl, add lettuce, green beans, and apple slices.
- Add chicken and pomegranate seeds on top.
- In a small dish, add all dressing ingredients and whisk.
- Allow dressing to sit for 10 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Serve with dressing.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 155 Cholesterol: 36mg Sodium: 219mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 14g Protein: 14g
Here is another delicious recipe with Foster Farms Organic Chicken, Gluten Free Curried Chicken Pot Pie.
This delicious Salad with Turmeric Vinaigrette salad pairs really well with the Gluten Free Curried Chicken Pot Pie :-).